Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car seems determined to gouge me out of money earlier then expected (though I've finally found an honest dealership!)

After replacing my stock michelin tires at 26,000 miles because of uneven wear (my fault, never got them aligned regularly, lesson learned) I had 4 sumitomo tires put on. I fully expected these to last 40k miles but the dealership just told me that I probably should look to replace them within the next 4-8 months - though I guess that's going to be around ~55k so not so bad.

Anyway, any recommendations for a standard driving tire? Orlando can be ridiculously wet at times, so I'm most likely seeking a nice all weather tire (basic snow traction would be nice for frequent visits up north but not necessary).

I'd like not to have to drop $600 on it again.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
For all season, without deep snow, I like the Falken ZE912. I have it on both my summer and winter rims. However, deep snow traction leaves something to be desired. Average on dry, good on wet. OEM size should run you somewhere around $60/tire (I think that's what I paid, IIRC).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Consider the General Altimax HP or Bridgestone Potenza RE960 AS Pole Position. I own both on other cars (not the Elantra, which still has the OEM Michelins). You should be able to get the Generals for around $325-$350 installed and the Bridgestones for $400-$425. I like them both. Prices assume buying the tire online, shipping, and around $70 to have someone mount, balance, valve stems, etc. I also live in Central Florida (just above Daytona), and will be considering one of these two tires when the Elantra needs new rubber (within the year).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts