Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start the day off crappy with rediculous traffic, some accident on the parkway backed up the well over a mile to the roads connecting all the way back near my house. so i was late to work.

At work we have a HUGE computer issue that knocked out like 50% of all of our software and there are friday deadlines. dealt with that BS all morning.

then i get a notice from Vzon wireless saying they didnt get my droid back.. oops, my fault, i forgot to send it. The penalty is like $500. Seriously, theres no way the phone is worth that, and i got a refurb.. Im going to call when im home and have my account info and tell them its in the mail, heres hoping that works.

Got a message saying my Vzon fios account has been flagged for copyright infringement, again. that would be my fault. but man does that suck. Ive been so careful for years, fall alseep ONE time with ONE cd shared from a relative no name band (at least i think thats what this is for, wont know until im home).

then, as if the day hasnt sucked enough so far.
i go out to pay the parking meter only to find out that i must have picked up a nail on the way in, RR is totally flat, not low, 100% done.
On top of that my amp is screwed into the trunk cardboard blocking it from being lifted.
So ill have to unscrew and move the amp, then fight with the cardboard to get it high enough around my subs (which SHOULD be possible with some fighting), just to dig out that TERRIBLE factory jack. then the spare, which hopefully the spare i havnt checked in over a year has good air in it..
Check the weather and its supposed to downpour all day

and a few weeks ago i saw a guy at a bus stop, he had a crying kid getting soaked in the rain, so i gave him my only umbrella and i havnt gotten around to getting a new one yet.

all this, and its only 1pm. Awesome..

I may have skipped breakfast today, but life sure has fed me quite the s*** sandwich

·
Lord of Chaos
781 Posts
Aylo....ow may I elp yoo? ...lol...I hate when I get the overseas people...

Hope your day gets better...just take it one step at a time.

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
Kinda on the topic of warnings and what not, I'm trying to go legit about file sharing myself.

Signed up for Netflix for movies...
Got iTunes cards for music...
I always bought games so that really didn't change...

I figure with Limewire going belly up and torrents being as detectable as they are now it's only a mater of time before that junk starts happening over here. Party was fun while it lasted.

I'm sorry you had such a bad day.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ work we have a final deadline for students Tonight.
and we have two stations that are used for plotting, of course, one just went down and is a no boot.

i was joking when i was saying "can this day get any worse", but its happening.

its almost comical

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
That sucks dude. Sounds like you need some liquid stress relief.

·
Super Moderator
4,858 Posts
I worked 11hrs today, and I work 12 tomorrow. My car isn't selling. F today.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ended up pumping the tire to like 45 psi and driving to my dads house which is like 5 min from my work.
it was worth the risk to not have to pull my subs to get to the spare, and it seemed like it was holding ok..

it was down to like 35 when i got there, and it was freaking pouring out at this point.
out in the rain with all weather flashlights found the nail, and luckily my dad actually had one of the rope caulk plugs.
pulled the nail and used the steel bore thing, it was a PITA, but we got it through, covered the rope in the rubber cement crap it came with, got it in there without *too* much hassle, came back out OK. about 10 min later, i could hear it just standing next to the car.. "sssssssssssssss". yep, still leaking.

Already literally soaked through (after an hour in the pouring rain i looked like i jumped into a pool with my clothes on), i pumped it again to 45 and drove it home (about 15 min). Check it at home and it dropped to 42, so it was better than with the nail in it lol.

It was still pouring, but since i was already soaked i figured what the hell, swapped with one of my snow tires, so much easier now that i bought a real jack and am not using that complete *** of a jack Hyundai gives you.
All said and done it was nearly 9:30 when i was back in the house and putting my wet clothes in the wash. Escapades started at like 4:30 at work. (i did eat dinner in that mess though, so i had one event to break it up at least heh)
Cracked open a cold one and sat down for some much needed relaxing..
------------

got up this morning and came out to a snow covered car... with a FLAT MOTHER#[email protected]%% TIRE!
and it was NOT the one i changed out yesterday. it was the Other rear!
Ridiculous

Of course i put everything away last night, figured hell, this doesnt happen often. Dug it all back up and got the other rear changed out. Marked each tire as to which was which and will take em to the shop at a later date to see if they can be fixed or need replaced. don't see any nails or anything in the latest flat, so i duno whats up.
I guess i ran over some bad **** yesterday.
Seriously, if i leave work later and find a flat front....

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Geesh dude that sucks balls.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I was informed yesterday that I'm being laid off an my job outsourced to Costa Rica.
Damn that sucks. When is your last day?

We have programmers here but their job will never be outsourced though. We do have programmers in India though for our product, but we keep programmers here to correct bugs and holes in the programs India writes. We would write the programs here but we only have 2 programmers, and they have like 15 of them over there.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still sucks.
well at least my bad luck was "HOPFULLY" a short term thing, having to switch jobs is definitely a *****

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
That sucks urban. I hate to hear that.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
If I knew I was getting laid off that far ahead of time, my quality of work would go down the toilet, and I would go into "don't give a ****" mode.

·
You best be trollin foo
4,053 Posts
If I knew I was getting laid off that far ahead of time, my quality of work would go down the toilet, and I would go into "don't give a ****" mode.
You see, I felt the same way but common sense prevailed.

I need to use these people as a reference, I've been working for them for 3 years. Granted it's not like they're going to fire me in the last month but I need to leave on good terms or have a three year gap on my resume. These are major corporations we're talking about here, you have to separate human emotion from it. I was a cell in an excel sheet that got zeroed out it's business, but if I make it personal I might as well shoot my career in the foot.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Sorry to hear that Urban, hope you find something soon. I can only add, that you never know when you will be looking at the same guy in your future for a job, it's better to leave with them thinking you did a great job then the last thing they remember is you f'ed off the last month you were there......just saying, I can speak from experience, I am actually working for the same manager that I worked for 10 yrs ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts