Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
You see, I felt the same way but common sense prevailed.

I need to use these people as a reference, I've been working for them for 3 years. Granted it's not like they're going to fire me in the last month but I need to leave on good terms or have a three year gap on my resume. These are major corporations we're talking about here, you have to separate human emotion from it. I was a cell in an excel sheet that got zeroed out it's business, but if I make it personal I might as well shoot my career in the foot.
What I said earlier is how I would feel about it, but I would follow what you are saying, I have been at my current job just 2 months shy of 3 years also and I know the people here would give a good reference. So far this is the only job I have had that I get compliments from my superiors about the work that I do. I did at my last job, but when I gave them my 2 weeks, after being there 3.5 years, I overheard the owner of the company say he would give a bad reference if any one called in about me. Luckily I had the GM as my reference and not him.

The only job I walked out on was at a grocery store, but I was 17 and knew everything back then. I just wish I could remember it all now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts