Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS. This is my first Hyundai and I am highly impressed.

I was wondering has anyone purchased ad installed the Tornado air insert sold by pep boys? It appears to be another way to increase air flow without having to install a new air intake. Here is a link to the description:
http://www.7453217467431.com/produc...fID=39901&affiliate=39901&bmUID=1084078220671

Does anyone foresee any problems I might have if I use something like this on my car?
Thanks for any insight you may have to offer.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Hey, welcome to the site!
Please, do not spend your money on Tornado product. It was proven to be absolutely worthless.
I highly recommend spending that money on cold air intake instead.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I just got this car 3 weeks ago. It's a great buy. 19,800 miles for 8k + tax,tags. I also want to thank all of you for having this site. I have learned more about my car and knowledge of cars in general in the past 3 weeks on this site than I have in all my life.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I can't remember what show I was watching, but basically they had said that once the swirling air (produced by the Tornado) hit the butterfly in the throttlebody the air stops swirling and therefore slows it down to the speed it would have been as if the Tornado unit wasn't in there. They had said it's a total waste of money. Blue's got a good point, save it up for a CAI and that will definately increase hp and it's prooving as well.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
and besides....you want the least amount of turbulence as you can possibly get.....the tornado just redirected air when it should be....CAI is the way to go

oh yeah...welcome to the site....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts