Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really a truck person, so a pickup is a last resort. whatever i get will be a daily driver as well as a tow vehicle. I'll be towing an open trailer with a 2300# car on it.
So far, I've ruled out Mitsubishi Montero Sport and Jeep Liberty.
Any suggestions?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
have you looked into a subaru wagon? im sure they make one that can tow that little and still get good gas mileage

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
price range is low 20's at most. 1 or 2 year old low mileage vehicle is a strong possibility as well.
Subies don't tow. Volvo-interesting but too expensive, and i didn't even check the towing capacity. Magnum-i wish. Astro-i must look into that. So far it's looking like an Xterra or Cherokee if i can find one with low miles.
Pickup? Dakota club cab with 4.7, if they've taken care of the ball joint issue.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
Astro towing stats:

ASTRO TRAILERING DATA

Maximum trailer weight (lbs./kg)(1) RWD 5400/2449 AWD 5100/2358

A very good used one can be picked up for around $10,000

·
Registered
41 Posts
I noticed you mentioned a cherokee.... those things are BADASS, they can tow a lot, comfortable, 4.0 actually gets decent gas mileage, and it will last FOREVER if you change the oil at normal intervals. I had one for a few months before I got my XD. Jeeps are GREAT. My next car is going to be a Grand Cherokee :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts