Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Hyundai just put a new tranny in my 01 Elantra and on my old tranny there was a tranny filter on the top of tranny right near the tranny fluid stick,well now on my new tranny there is no filter..Is this normal?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
yeah hyundai on the first generation of the betaII transmission gave you an external spin on filter AND an internal valve body filter.. The fluid ran through both, but so many people didn't change the spin on blue filter when they did tranny services, hyundai decided it wasn't worth the effort to have it anymore..

NO body changed that filter, not even the most reputable dealers (no pun intended)

so to answer your question, yes its normal.

shawn :)

·
06 GT Silver 5M
59 Posts
Wait, I have an 01 elantra auotmatic its been feeling funny not bad just less responsive, is there a spin filter I can change and where please??

·
Banned
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Birdman said:
Wait, I have an 01 elantra auotmatic its been feeling funny not bad just less responsive, is there a spin filter I can change and where please??
If you have one its next to the tranny dip stick,change that and your tranny fluid EVERY 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
lol change that every 30,000 miles. Thats bullshit bro, noone ever changed that filter, thats why they discontinued it.. Change the valve body filter and the fluid and your tranny will feel better, or it could be the dreaded curse of the BetaII auto tranny.. Why do you think Hyundai techs are not even authorized to open up a tranny. If its a tranny problem they replace it. THATS IT. damn, why doesn't anyone believe me.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
sed said:
lol change that every 30,000 miles. Thats bullshit bro, noone ever changed that filter, thats why they discontinued it.. Change the valve body filter and the fluid and your tranny will feel better, or it could be the dreaded curse of the BetaII auto tranny.. Why do you think Hyundai techs are not even authorized to open up a tranny. If its a tranny problem they replace it. THATS IT. damn, why doesn't anyone believe me.

There is a screen (as a filter) inside the transmission, as most modern transmissions have.

The trannys are easy to tear into if you know what you are doing. The tranny for the XD is the same one found on the V6 Sonatas.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
no its not, the tranny on the 4 cyl sonata and xd are the same the 6 cyl sonata has the shiftronic transmission!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts