Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am stuck up with a major issue with my 2004 Elantra GLS automatic. Couple weeks before I did a cold start of my car and shifted to R and the car shifted with a thud. I was a bit surprised and shifted to D and then it again gave a thud and check engine light came on. I suddenly stopped and did some checks, tried shifting gears couple of times and then the thud went away and I could drive it normally. I checked the error codes and found P0750(Shift control solenoid Valve "A" open or short). That same day later I re started the car and the engine check light went off and car began to drive without issues.

I drove it for another week and then in the morning it came back again and this time I took it to nearest Hyundai dealership and they found P0750, P0755, P0760, P0765 and P0743 and informed that I need to either change the solenoid and wire harness as a temporary fix (900$). They also mentioned even if this temp fix is done I need to change the transmission with control unit in near future (3500$). As I have 68K miles on it and being a second owner, Hyundai denies any warranty coverage.

I also took it to another transmission shop and they recommended changing solenoids and wire harness (1000$). They said if that does not fix the issue, then I have to try changing the onboad computer/TCM.

I am looking for some advice what I should be doing here. I have no clue like what caused this issue. I bought the car when it had 63.5k miles on it and I drove it only for last 9 months. Would the 900$ fix dealer suggested going to fix it permanently or should I replace the transmission (which is tooo expensive for me)?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-avis-

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had the same issue!!!! P0752 Shift Solenoid A Stuck open.

here's the diagram for it:

this is my issue right now with my TCM. i had an auto-manual swap done thinking my auto was bad (it wasn't). my ECU is waiting for the TCM to give it the proper signal--which doesn't exist because my car is now a 5-speed. it will not be able to remove the code until the TCM tells it to which means it needs the proper signals from the transaxle.

the dealer couldn't do sh*t for me either but charged me my ***, especially under warranty (their warranty is as cheap as the tin on their cars). i find it funny that they can't fix their own cars. don't trust the dealer on this, they will only charge you. anyways, don't go unplugging your TCU or wiring. it's somekind of sensor, perhaps the solenoid, master cylinder, or transaxle. i don't know anything else, nor could i ever figure out how to have it repaired. i know my good mechanic couldn't do it either but he opened up the transmission and said there wasn't anything wrong with it.

when my P0752 came on, it was at random.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi HyundaiKitCoupe,

Many thanks for the information. For me also it happens intermittently. Not everyday I see this issue. I don't know if I can just ignore this issue and keep driving it.

I guess solenoids can be replaced without touching the transmission or it's not true? Anybody got better understanding about this?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts