Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am stuck up with a major issue with my 2004 Elantra GLS automatic. Couple weeks before I did a cold start of my car and shifted to R and the car shifted with a thud. I was a bit surprised and shifted to D and then it again gave a thud and check engine light came on. I suddenly stopped and did some checks, tried shifting gears couple of times and then the thud went away and I could drive it normally. I checked the error codes and found P0750(Shift control solenoid Valve "A" open or short). That same day later I re started the car and the engine check light went off and car began to drive without issues.

I drove it for another week and then in the morning it came back again and this time I took it to nearest Hyundai dealership and they found P0750, P0755, P0760, P0765 and P0743 and informed that I need to either change the solenoid and wire harness as a temporary fix (900$). They also mentioned even if this temp fix is done I need to change the transmission with control unit in near future (3500$). As I have 68K miles on it and being a second owner, Hyundai denies any warranty coverage.

I also took it to another transmission shop and they recommended changing solenoids and wire harness (1000$). They said if that does not fix the issue, then I have to try changing the onboad computer/TCM.

I am looking for some advice what I should be doing here. I have no clue like what caused this issue. I bought the car when it had 63.5k miles on it and I drove it only for last 9 months. Would the 900$ fix dealer suggested going to fix it permanently or should I replace the transmission (which is tooo expensive for me)?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
-avis-

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Two shops. Same diagnosis. What's the question again?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.