Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Awesome, I thought it might be the ECU causing that. I guess I'll get that fixed while they fix the 3800-4000 rpm power drop problem as well.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hmmm...I haven't noticed my car doing that, but I will have to pay closer attention next time I have the air on.

--NY

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It would not surprize me if the 04's will get this fix. I found the 2 liter Tibs also have the TSB as well.

I noticed since I bought my Elantra, I've had more TSB fixes than my Accent. I have trouble keeping up with them.

I'm just wondering if the automatic trans equipped cars will be getting the fix as well. I get the delay as well.

I was at the dealer this morning and although my car has the issue, Hyundai has not yet posted software updates for the automatic equipped cars for the rpm delayed drop. The tech told me they probably will soon. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I already had the 3800-4000 power loss TSB done a while back with a nice response, and just got the hanging RPM's with A/C TSB done today. I was glad I did it. My car used to run like two different cars with or without the A/C on. So, I would always switch it on and off depending whether I was starting or going up or down a hill. I was pleasantly surprised that the car responds much better with the A/C on now. There used to be a significant difference, which is not nearly as noticeable now. We'll see how it continues to go. :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
cool I may have to do this now too

·
Registered
732 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
Put the car in first gear, and run it up to about 4 grand, the push in the clutch and let off of the gas. Just notice how increadibly long it takes to return back to idle. Sometimes, I just put it in second and let the clutch out for a second to make the R's drop.
I thought this was a byproduct of that spring in the cluch slave cylinder. And thats why people were taking out the spring.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the problem as well, but the program to reflash my ecu isn'ty available yet. until then, I wait.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hope they have a fix for the '04s, I dislike the rpm hang a lot.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I went into my dealership today asking if there was a way for the ECU to be re-programmed so that the "hanging revs" were gone all together. I know this TSB is only for when the AC is on but by chance will the revs drop faster all around?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I must be lucky. My 02gt does not have this problem. I have had 5 speed on all my cars but one of them, so I'm not new to manual tranny. I even compared to my truck after reading here, and my 02gt goes to 0 rpms at about the same speed. When I am slowing down, I usually slow down in neutral, and use my brakes.

·
Teach
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The hang occurs when you are on the gase either cruising or accelerating and let off the gas. The engine RPM does not drop as it should.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts