Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to make a ghetto and completley reversible WAI so i have a qusetion for the members what size is the tube from the filter box to the maf on a 2004 gls becuase i just want to stick a cone filter on that and what do i need to do to reset the ecu

·
-
471 Posts
SPARTANELANTRA said:
what size is the tube from the filter box to the maf on a 2004 gls
The MAF is 2 3/4" OD (actually 70mm). If you can't find a filter that size, get a 3" filter and a 3"-2 3/4" silicone reducer.

SPARTANELANTRA said:
what do i need to do to reset the ecu
Either remove the ECU fuse or disconnect the battery.

·
Registered
268 Posts
you can put a cone filter on the outside of the hose that goes on the outlet of the filter box, at least a ractive filter would fit but you want to make some distance between the maf and the filter, as for resetting the ecu you just disconnect the battery + terminal for a few seconds

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Will having it disconnected for only a few seconds work? I was under the impression that you had to have it disconnected for several minuets, like 5 or 10?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Several minutes will do it. I'm not sure a few seconds is enough. I think the general conscensus is 10 minutes.

·
-
471 Posts
jjos1 said:
you can put a cone filter on the outside of the hose that goes on the outlet of the filter box
FYI: The reducer between the MAF and the air filter is 80mm (3 5/32") in diameter on the filter side.

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
WAI = Warm Air Intake(AKA Short Ram)

Axel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts