Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 94 Elantra 1.6L DOHC. I have so far found two different things online for engine types. Some sites say that the engine is a 4G61 and other say it is a G4CR. I ask because I am trying to find compatible parts and most places don't list the parts as hyundai. I believe the 4G61 is a Mitsu Mirage 91-92 1.6L engine. Does anyone know if the 4G61 and the G4CR are one and the same just labeled differently by two different companies.

Also, I am looking for a turbo for this car. I have found another forum just for 4G61/63 engines and searching there as well but does anyone know where I could possibly find one? Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I doubt you would want to, the Beta can handle as much probably more.
Unless you really just want to be different then just boost the hell outa the Beta engine. You could to it for less money than it would cost to source a 4G63 and modify all mounting and electronics.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Also the Mitsu engine is reversed to our configuration and the general design of out engine is similar to the 4G63... although the same could be said for most inline 4 designs. I agree with carbonman, boost the beta motor for far more bang for the buck.

·
eat my poo
68 Posts
Yes, the Beta motor is a good motor, mine is moderately modified....the only thing I dont like is the Trany....I have a K-Spec stage 3 clutch and I keep blowing master cylinders, and slave cylinders....well it is actualy the plastic plunger connecting the pedal to the clutch......any advice on fixing this problem, I was thinking of having a metal piece custom made by a machinist.... :cool: ...if I could get that problem figured out, I will boost the beta motor..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts