Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i called ROSS today, and according to their shipping records, my pistons shipped onthe 11th and should arrive today. WOOOOOT! Now i just have to wait for rods to come back from shot peening and then its all going to be balenced.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Great news, man!! I was waiting for that UPS guy by your house and then gave up. ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well aparently he did too, cause i have to sign in person, so he left a freindly sticky note on the door. I changed the address to have it sent to my work address tomorrow.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hade them made for 8.5 to 1. I got them in today. Im tired right now so no pics, but ill get them for you guys tomorrow. All 4 are with in one gram of each other. All the specs are included with the pistons. I also purchased rings and pins from Ross.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
So what steps are required to putting in new pistons? Is it you just take your engine apart, replace the pistons, and then drive your car easy so the pistons get re-broken in? Or are there more complicated things you have to do to get the pistons in?

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
definetely want to have the block honed before you install them

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The block i have was honed, trued and milled slightly to make it flat and then a 60 degree cross hatch was put in the walls. Im also having it all balenced.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts