Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont to go to extreme but an upgrade would be nice. Has anyone bought the SR 268 cams? I have a machine shop here that will grind mine for me, but this route I think I would stop at 240...Isnt there a difference im material strenght?

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Cams are a real grey area for our cars...nothing has really proven to be a stand out product....your money might better be suited pursuing another mod right now....just my 2 cents. I was gonna do cams too.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
Someone has to try it, so don't be shy just because no one else has done it. The fun part would be messing with the shims, from what I understand this isn't the easiest thing but sure isn't impossible.

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
regrinds are notorious (in the honda world at least) for their lobes wearing down. I beleive to work properly, they will need to be treated. factory cam duration is already 232 degrees (i beleive) so a 240 cam would probably see little gains. you may need your springs upgraded if you are going to use SR cams, probably dependant on how much they increase lift

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my worry about regrinding my cams, and im pretty sure that the stock cams are 224. That number seems to stick out in my head. I will weigh my options and see what happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Rshack has the 240 cams and I believe they were direct swaps. I don't think he had to get new shims. Also I believe he tried the 268s pm him and ask. He never discussed them much that I can remember and I have also never seen a time slip or dyno of his car.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
stock is 228....and the 268 u do need new shims...I checked all this out I was gonna do a cam job before I decided to do the PowerChip.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yes please let us know since dustin was so secretive on the cams and the hP that he gained. Also I have never seen a slip from him so who knows. But then again I have never seen a slip from Ford either but I trust him a little more.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts