Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few members have either Moohkee/Quest, Tein coilovers.
To those that have the Quest variety that don't come with pillow mounts,
did you get Tib uppers or did you modify your XD mounts to work and what did you do to modify?
Any problems installing for the rears or just the fronts that pose issues?

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I have the Mookeeh coilovers and used the Tib front mounts. The rears went in just fine reusing the stock mount and the fronts went together just as well using the tib mounts.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good lookin out 2GTS thanks
Also, I just ordered the Upper mounts and the ring insert. I hope I don't need any other parts

the bearing is below the bushing (Macpherson bearing)

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
Dammit. I will be installing the Quest/Mookeeh coilovers on Friday, and now I don't know if I should buy the upper mounts, or just use washers, like I believe Autobot had used. Do I need to buy new bearings? or are the Elantra ones transferrable?

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
2GTS, what measurements did you set your spring preload at? hopefully, you'll read this before I start this friday. and hopefully, you wrote it down!

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I think that I set the springs at a compressed length of about 11" and have the dampening turned up from softest 2 or 3 clicks. They will be really stiff for the first couple days but they will break in. I'm probably going to change the spring tension to be a little stiffer as I have what I think is a little too body roll still. I'm on the fence on the corner weighing right now, I have the money but my fiance just lost her job and we're going on vacation in 2 weeks. If she finds a new job soon and I come back from Vegas with a little money I'll have a local race shop corner weigh and adjust the weight distribution maybe by the end of the month.

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
Thanks for the help! I didn't get to install today though, I was helping my buddy put tiles down in his new house. Oh well. BTW, which way is the stiffest setting? Counterclockwise turns makes it stiffer? I know the Koni's are like that. thanks again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just put the settings at 7 clicks for the front and 8 for the rear, but i forgot which way i turned them. I wanted a more neutral car so i set it up to help make the rear stiffer.

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
Another quick question: I know some of the Tib guys were having an issue with the springs popping and making noises when the wheel is turned, and this is supposedly fixed easily by using the strut bearing, which some of them were not. I fit my coilovers on using the elantra mounts and 3 washers, but I get that popping. Do any of you guys with the tib mounts have any popping noises when you turn the wheel? I just got my tib mounts and will put them in Fri. or Sat.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I think I might have issues with my drivers side cv joint but other than that no popping and I used the Tib upper mounts with new bearings.

·
Resident Rompa Nalgas
129 Posts
I didn't, but I don't remember if they actually even would fit inside that coil. If it's sunny tomorrow, I'll be installing the tib mounts, and I'll see if the boots fit. I set my spring pretension for 10". The body roll is virtually non-existent, but I still have a bouncy kind of ride. I set the dampening from 3 from the softest, and then changed to 3 from the hardest (which is damn hard!) because there has to be a combo that eliminates the bounciness. I will try to raise it to 10 1/2" tomorrow.
On a side note: Could everyone who has the mookeh/quest coilovers post what setting they have, so maybe we can find the better settings?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I for one am interested in how the brake line install goes! :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, tonight I'm leaving straight from work for Shannonville, going drag racing. I would have liked to have had some competent assistance, the last few years I let my mechanical skills to somewhat atrophy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts