Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading in the remote trunk thread where southpawboston was saying that the stock remote can be programmed for multiple uses.

southpaw, does this mean i can use it for my remote start as well? can we get more in depth to this idea?

thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bump...I was looking to put a remote start in since the winter is coming and I want to be warm and cozy.

--NY

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You need a pulse-timer relay... what it does is identify the number of flashes (pulses) output to the signal lights... ie hit unlock twice, 4 pulses, which then triggers the relay. Read the remote trunk relay thread... I'll see if I can find it.

Here: Read down a ways in this thread, might help you find what you're looking for: http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=462&highlight=trunk+remote

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
onelove, what kind of remote start do you already have, and how does it work (i.e., does it have it's own remote? does it have an auxilliary trigger input?).

i have a remote start in my GT which uses a trigger input to activate it. any aftermarket remote start that can utilize an external trigger input can work with the stock remote, but you also need to buy the pulse timer relay that hyunelan bought for his remote trunk release (a PAC TR7 pulse timer relay, about $20). the way i have mine and hyunelan's set up is that the pulse timer is set up in conjunction with the lights flash to sense when the car is armed/disarmed within a several second window. i.e., if you hit the remote's lock button, unlock, and lock again within a few seconds it will tell the pulse timer relay to trigger the remote start (or the trunk pop, in hyunelan's case... he hits unlock, lock, and unlock again and voila-- his trunk pops open. for me, i hit unlock, lock, unlock, and lock again and voila-- my car starts :) )

my remote start is a designtech autocommand 20222.

PAC TR7 pulse timer relay linky

edit: hey hyunelan, how's that setup working? no probs yet?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Actually, I just hit unlock twice, but close enough.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
ah, my mistake. i forgot that i didn't use the lights flash. i used the door lock pulse, so that i have to use the sequence lock:unlock:lock to generate two lock pulses (if you keep pressing lock, you don't get more than one pulse). i did this as a safety check, so that the start won't occur if the lock button on the remote gets pressed repeatedly by mistake (you know how sometimes you're not sure you locked the car so you press it again to make sure?)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
That would have been the smart thing for me to do, but I'm not changing it now. sometimes I'll unlock the doors, then forget I hit the button as I walked to the car and hit unlock again and the trunk opens.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey i cant understand all very well but, u would can do a DIY guide to install and get that stock remote can be used for start. Or if u say me step by step how to make it i'd do de DIY guide.

:bowdown:

EDIT:

Hey what's up!. i found this remote on AUTOTOYS, and i would like if they or other comp. sells remote controlers as it:
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/PRESTIGE_APS996A__2_WAY_PAGING_REMOTE_START_NEW_VERSION_p_57.html
or a installation kit for all remote kit.
some of u know that i'm spanish, and i have problems reading all,(with patience i'd can translate all, but.... with patience :fiddle: ) I have some questionsa about it. This is an alarm pack and more? This prize? is for all pack with trunk, relay and all necessary to install it?
Can i get an original hyundai remote with all of this uses? i think noo....

help me please. thanks
alguien que hable español, porfavor, que me lo cuente XD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts