Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it looks like the video posted with the frame was a rally Veloster.

Autoblog said:
Throughout 2010, Hyundai teased us with shots of its unconventionally sporty new three-door. Thankfully, we finally got to see the 2012 Hyundai Veloster in its production skin at the 2011 Detroit Auto Show. Now comes a brand-new image to further tantalize us. Wearing Red Bull Racing colors, this rally-prepped Veloster has been captured mid-flight.

We don't have all of the details on this rally-ready Hyundai Veloster to devulge just yet, but we can confirm that we're dying to know more. Set your calendars for February 9, 2011 at 9:45am CST because that's when Hyundai will make good with more information. Also, be sure to tune in to our 2011 Chicago Auto Show coverage, because word on the tarmac, gravel and snow-covered street is that this mighty Veloster is hopping a plane to Chi-town... after it eventually touches down from this jump.
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/04/hyundai-teases-veloster-rally-car-ahead-of-chicago-debut/

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts
so.... where is the video?

EDIT more details from hyundai blog

Some time ago, we have heard that Hyundai intends to re-enter rally-ing. We had absolutely no idea as of when would that happen since the automaker has been mum on the details. Up until today, when Hyundai released two official images of the Veloster race car.

Shot up in the air, the Veloster rally car appears to enter the US Rallycross series. While this is still a rumor, which has yet to be confirmed by Hyundai officials, the banner on the Veloster’s windshield does suggest so.

What we do know, and has been officially confirmed by Hyundai, is the fact that Hyundai Veloster race car will land on the carmaker’s stand at the up-coming Chicago Auto Show next month.

So, set your calendars for February 9, 2011 at 9:45am CST because that’s when Hyundai Motor America plans to officially unveil more details about the car’s specs, drivers and racing plans for the 2011 seasson.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Note: It may be a rally cross car and not a rally car. Rally cars are street legal and this looks like it has stickers for headlights.

·
7 psi tunned by poweraxel
3,203 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
http://www.hyundai-blog.com/index.php/2011/02/09/2011-hyundai-veloster-gets-all-wheel-drive-awd-and-500-horsepower-2-0l-turbo-engine/

Hyundai Veloster rally car specs:

- Front and rear differentials: Xtrac
- Proflex jumbo coil over suspension

- Front Brakes: 14-inch Alcon rotors with 6-piston Alcon calipers
- Rear Brakes: 12-inch Alcon rotors with 6-piston Alcon calipers

- Weight: 2.656 pounds
- Engine: 500-horspower four-cylinder turbocharged

- Transmission: Xtrac six-speed sequential
- Transfer case: Xtrac four wheel drive

- Wheels: 18 x 8.5-inch HRE
- Tires: 245/40-18 Hankook racing tires

·
Registered
612 Posts
They can't enter that car into WRC since FIA changed the rules and all cars competing in WRC are to use the S2000 platform with 1.6l turbocharged engines. And this is 2.0l...

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Nutted in my pants like 9 times watching that!
If Hyundai ever releases an AWD veloster I would probably die of conjunctive heart failure.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
^ i know and that is the disappointing thing....i would absolutely take that car over the the gen coupe if it was AWD and it had the 2.0t

that is absolutely rediculous...when are the x games??

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
I like it, and yeah it would be a toss up between that and the coupe for me also

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
the wrc has always had the rule about keeping the size of the motor to a particular size...they changed it from a 2.0l to a 1.6 (obviously you can turbo it)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts