Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 Vents, I've never taken out and webtech's not helping a whole lot.

1. The passenger vent (the one with the worthless hole under it). How does it come out? Just pull?

2. & 3. The small vents ontop of the dash, again do you just pull these?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
If I had to guess I would say push rather than pull, they are probably held in with the same plastic tabs that hold the window switches in place in the door panels.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
The passenger vent, if you pull off the side peice (the one that disappears when the door closes. you know what i'm talking about) you can get behind the vent to push as you pull. I dont remember any clips. it just snaps in.the small vents on drivers and passengers side, just stick a flathead screwdriver between the bottom of the vent and the dash, and they'll pop out. they snap back in the same way. The really long vents against the windshield have sharp metal peices and they're lodged in there like a motherf'er. You have to remove the dash to get behind those and force them out, and they're STILL a bitch. Unless you want to spend days taking out your dash and putting it back in, I say don't even try the long ones
:)

EDIT: If you need me to, I can rig up some sort of video and send it to you.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Keyan is bang on the passenger side vents :)

The long ones come out fairly easy actually, push and pry up as they have slotted ends with those metal clips on one end and something like a 'hook' on the other, if you don't manage to get the metal clips out when you take them off do yourself a favor and buy new ones, that is unless you can dig the old ones you left behind out of the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts