Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALrighty folks. i have 2 videos for ya. please right click and save as to be nice to the host.
video
and this one In car video

For anyone interested in other videos from the event including a F355 Ferrari click here

·
Registered
851 Posts
Nice videos! The incar one is great, your SoloII layouts are so much faster and larger than the ones I've been to. I notice also that you don't have that problem I'm having with the steering wheel resistance. I'm not sure how exactly to complain about mine though, I doubt fixing the car's autocross problems are warranty work.

I couldn't find complete results on that website. How did you do? And also, what tires are you running?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the results are not up yet. i race with 3 different clubs in this area and this clu is the worse on the results. it can take up to a week. i race in the STS class and another guy beat me by 2 seconds. i am runnin falken azenis 215/50r16s. with 1 bald one. that one video helped me out a lot

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the in car helped out a lot. the outside ones don't help that much.

also thank you all for viewing it to make my car one of the top 4 cars under most viewed..... you all rock

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
When I watched, I couldn't help but notice how much your hands were moving around on the wheel.......just a suggestion, and I know everyone learns how to drive autocross with their own style, but wouldn't it be helpful to hold your hands at 10 and 2 or 3 and 9 so you can just crank over the wheel instead of hand over hand action?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your right. i knew that something with my hands didn't look right but untill you said that i really didn't notice where i was holding them. any other suggestions? my next race isn't untill the first so i have plenty of time to work at it on the street.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Xtra. i started in first and as i went through the little box i put it in 2nd. just left it there for the rest of the run. its too hard to judge if i can go back to 1st and its really hard on the tranny doing that. the lower RPM's kill me in 2nd tho.

·
Registered
732 Posts
save it then watch it from your hard drive.

----

Just make sure you have it reved up enough when you down shift.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
james. you also have to figure that everytime you shift you lose about 1/2 a second. and when the difference from first to 10th is no more than .3 sometimes shifting isn't your friend. if i had a turbo where i wanted the higher R's i might but i just cannot justify it yet. and if i judge wrong and tag the limiter in first (again) i'll get slowed down even more.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Good point, But you need to see where the time lost in shifting and the addition acceleration of first exceeds the slow acceleration in 2nd.

To figure this out take note of what RPM = MPH in 1st and 2nd. Also note where you hit the limiter. Then find out how much speed you loose when shifting up and down. I'm sure a formula can be worked out fo it but you can also figure it out by trial and error. Practice running in a empty parking lot paying clost attention to your gages.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have tried that a lot. what i need is a shift light to really help out. that way i don't have to look as much.

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
Man, that looks fun. I gotta go do that at some point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts