Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No frills
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search a couple of days ago and found an old XD thread from a few years ago.

Has anyone tried to remove these ugly things (the air bag warning stickers on the sun visors)? If you had any success, could you please post what you did? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
No frills
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a very thin sticker/transfer applied with heat. I've tried prying a corner open here and there, but quickly got the impression that even if I managed to loosen a corner, the thing would start coming off in strips. I also thought I saw a bit of glue over-run, so that gives me the impression that there would be some sort of adhesive residue left even if I managed to get the main sticker off. I'm certainly not brave enough to try this without at least a couple of success stories out there, specifically for the HD models (I understand they were a bit different in XD?).

·
Registered
327 Posts
I removed the stickers from mine on a hot summer day. I literally just scratched them off with a fingernail. It took a while because the stickers tore up into little pieces but I got all of it off and you can't even tell there were stickers there.

It's not hard, or dangerous for your visors. Just don't use anything sharp or anything that will scratch the plastic.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i would imagine their meant to really stick there for the life of the car, (untampered) considering its a "safety" sticker. theyve looked like theyre heated on tho, like someone above mentioned.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would assume the hairdryer would work, but just be careful not to get the visor plastic too hot or I could see it stretching. It was warm in the car when I removed mine but it wasn't extremely hot.

·
Registered
421 Posts
yea dont use a heat gun. thats like 700 degrees on low. if its cold or cool out, then a hair dryer would probably do good. keep feeling the area just to make sure its not getting too hot. youl feel it when the vinyl is close to melting. but it can handle a good amount of heat. and take your time. just be careful with the corners. numerous times ive pulled some kind of sticker off of something, ive ended up stretching a small spot of the material with my nail, and thats not really fixable. i hope that just made sense. :/

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
i took mine off 2 years ago. peeled right off, no problems, no chemicals, no heat. might have been warm outside, dont remember.

·
Registered
421 Posts

the marks seem only noticeable with the camera flash. over time ill wipe it and use protectant on it, and see if it fixes it. im thinkin googone will remove that. ill update it tommorow. otherwise the stickers were easy to remove. all of them take about 5 minutes.

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
Yea, sorry James...not taking a picture. Looks just like the other ones.

Mine came off just as easily, finger nail under the edge, pulled it right off. Pretty sure I did it sitting in a drive through waiting on some food. lol.

·
Where's My Boomstick?
5,486 Posts
Yes sir my Capitan!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.