Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few pics of the rims/tires I just got today.

They are Volk Racing LE28 Gunmetal (limited edition version of the CE28) forged monoblock rim 17x7.5 with a 43mm offset wrapped with Yokohama AVS ES100 215/45/17. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to weigh them but they feel much lighter than the stock rims/tires!

Attachments

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SuperGLS said:
Beautiful. Now add one of these pics to the Official Rim Gallery.

If I can ask... how much did they cost you?
An arm, a leg, and both my testicles! :cool:

Seriously it felt that way, but all kidding aside, it cost $2500 total with cash.

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
04 elantra cvvt said:
Damn... that's a chunk of change. Worth it though, they look great.

Thanks for the compliment. Most logical people wouldn't spend this much on some rims/tires, especially on a car that's not worth much more than the rims itself, but I actually love how my car performs and I plan on keeping the Elantra for awhile. I could have went with cheaper rims and also have gotten the M&S body kit, but I wanted to enhance the car's handling abilities, instead of hinder it with cheap, heavy rims.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BlackElantraGT said:
Thanks for the compliment. Most logical people wouldn't spend this much on some rims/tires, especially on a car that's not worth much more than the rims itself, but I actually love how my car performs and I plan on keeping the Elantra for awhile. I could have went with cheaper rims and also have gotten the M&S body kit, but I wanted to enhance the car's handling abilities, instead of hinder it with cheap, heavy rims.
Good thinking. That is probably the best thing that I have heard yet. Way to go. Keep that thing and make it yours! :bowdown:

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My suspension is starting to wear out so the Tein coilovers will be my next major upgrade. I can't stand how it looks right now either =)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Those look awesome bro!

·
Registered
711 Posts
215's?? i thought we could only go 205 with 45's?
wont it rub on the rear insides? behind the wheel?

so they def wont work with eibachs, but stock they will?

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car still rubs in the back when I have someone else in the car with me and we go over a big bump. I hope that once I have a stiffer suspension I won't be rubbing as much.

Here are the new pics with the Rays duranuts lugnuts. They are a bit too long for my taste but I guess it's a little different.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Get the camber bolts for the rear and I get they won't rub any more.

I don't think the lugs look too bad. A pic from further way might help.

They are sweet!!!!

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
I have 215/50/16 tires (I think) either way, they're too big and they rub the fender bad when I have people in the back. (stock springs and tib struts). its either get the fenders rolled or buy smaller rubbers next time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts