Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get 12:1 vorctech FMU, but I'm not sure if it's gonna be too much for my setup (t3 at 7-8psi). Do you think that I will be running too rich with it?

I was also recomended a super FMU, will it work just like RRFPR + I will be able to regulate pressure and it will replace stock FPR?

Also, which one would you recommend?

·
Registered
71 Posts
what i suggest doing is get a good rrfpr in 1:1...aeromotive is a good name to start with..also Sx...and if you need cheap go with msd/bosche fpr...do a return line and fuel pump mod...then use an safc2 or something similar to tune with...then you are set.

you know i just looked at the date of the last post...eh..thread ressurrection...you ever get a setup? btw fmu's suck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
OdessitPashka said:
i got a Cartech FMU. I can also regulate the pressure on it, but im still not done with the setup.... still buying parts...

yes when its adjustable you can manipulate fuel pressure...but what im saying...is that if you want a car with real tuning...fmu isnt the way to go...12psi of fuel per 1 psi of boost is alot of fuel pressure..even if its the smaller disc which i believe vortech makes a 3:1 ration..which is alot of fuel too...but...think about it...lets just say 35psi stock static pressure...you boost 5psi...you are adding 60psi of fuel...so at max boost you are at 95psi (6.46 bar)atleast at wot..with the 3:1 you are at 50psi which isnt terribly bad...but w/o anything to tune with its going to be soooooo rich...and talk about putting those injectors in some major pain w/ all that fuel pressure... generally the better fpr's are 1:1 ratio which is good if you use a piggy back or some type of fuel tuning computer...and will supply PLENTY of gas aslong as you have both a pump and injectors that can support the extra flow...

also another concern running that much psi from an fmu would be the pump...you are going to kill your fuel pump with that much fuel pressure...but just a thought..imho fmu's arent the way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts