1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Poster God
531 Posts
hmm hell of a deal that pretty cheap, like 250 total with shipping. hey only way to find out is to try it. hell if it true then i know where to get my wifes some rims. good luck keep us posted

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
The look legit, only if you check out this guy's other rim auctions, he sometimes labels it in the title 4 lug, and in the desc. label it a 5 lug. I'd mail him to see if the one you want is the correct lug type.

·
Registered
281 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
evan, are you sure that price isn't each?
direct copy from the link

<p> So if you buy it now you get the following: </p>
<p> -Four top quality Volution VRD deep dish wheels </p>
<p> We also guarantee that we will ship out your package FAST! </p>

Normaly you get what you pay for. For something diffrent I guess it would be okay but I don't think these are show quality rims.

·
Registered
281 Posts
04 elantra cvvt said:
You are probably correct. Seems unlikely to me that if they are normally $899 a set, that he would sell a perfect set for 159. Something's a little fish there. :confused:
He does a huge amount of sales only has like a 92% positive feed back. Alot of negative is unanswered seems real unorginized. I would pay with credit card or personal check if you buy from this guy. most of what I have seen is hyundai aftermarket type stuff. Paid for item took 3+months to get. Then it was the wrong item. Or never got payment even though they did and they want you to pay one more time. Plus shipping on these is alot. I think around 200 dollers. Make sure you read all the terms.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
hmm so thats 170 + 120 for shippin in the continental...

so 290 for 4 wheels

290/4 = 72.50 per wheel.

To me, those wheels are worth 3/4 of a buck each.

just hope he doesn't stiff ya

shawn :)

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
sed said:
yeah.... GO FOR IT. DO IT. NOW. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR, BID ON THEM, DO IT.
GET TO THE CHOPPER!

I mean, uhh... looks like it's worth a shot as long as they fit.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Holy sh*t, $159 for all 4 w/ buy it now, do it! That 92.6% is outta 13196 positives, I'd risk it. It's probably cheap to spread the word about a new brand. I only say that because I never heard of them and that was the reasoning from the seller in my case.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought my VRD wheels off them. I paid like $500 or $600 with tires shipped. They took forever to get, but when I got them, they were nice. I still have them on and I like them. If you email them, I'm sure they will mount them on some tires for you for a decent cost if you wanted them to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this thread is old but i figured id put in my 2 cents as an owner. i had only seen vrd rims on ebay and being in the thick of my preadolescent ricer stage i was looking for the best bang for my buck. certainly 4 rims with mounted low profile tires for under $650 after shipping charges was unbeatable. i was a little skeptical of the wheel quality but i can tell you that after owning 17in vrd gunmetal efficients, i am very satisfied. ive hit my share of bumps and potholes in these rims and i dont see a single sign of bend/dent/warp in any of the 4 rims. granted that i did take off the 40 series tire in favor of a 45 series tire for a little extra cusion because the rims were going on 4-dr sedan not a little civic hatch. but none the less im very impressed with their quality and with my experience so far, would definitely recommend them for people on a tight budget. they have a much larger selection on ebay since i purchased mine a while back so i think the company must be doing well. heres a pic of my 17in VRD Efficient gunmetal rims on 215/45/17 toyos:

you can see more pics of these rims on my '00 Accord V6 here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts