Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The New Guy
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself been here about a month now and forgot too. I have a 02 xd and i love it planing on doing a lot to it. I have found this place great , people are really helpful. I did have one question and im not to sure what section to post it in so i might as well ask here while im saying hey. I need to run some wires from under my hood into the inside of my car. I know i have to go through the firewall but i can't find where the wires feed through right now and i don't wanna have to drill through my firewall. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this and its great being a part of this community

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Getting through the firewall can be a real pain.....best of luck when you find the best point of entry - some people have given up and ran wires OUTSIDE the car....not the best IMO but it'll have to do I guess. Welcome to the site.

·
The New Guy
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the posts . I gave up on trying to get through the firewall and drilled into the floor of the driver seat just big enough to get wire through then sillaconed it up turned out very nice. I will post pics soon , maybe as an alturnative to going through the firewall cause that was a real sob . I used protective coating around the wire and the overall effect worked great. I thank you all for welcoming me to this great site. Can't wait to get some more money so i can keep adding onto my car :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
there is hole inside the driver side fender liner that goes right inside the cab. you have to take off the fender liner and look up to the right , right by the the door jam, its like a 1" or 2" hole , that were i ran all the wires for my neons

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome welcome! From one noob to another! ^;~

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
already talked to you about it in IM, but the best place IMO is on the passenger side, where the sheet metal starts to stop curving....

remember, that is on the passenger side of the vehicle

shawn :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts