Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The next Solo2 that my local car club is holding is this weekend. I'll be in FSS for sure now, with a front strut brace and the CAI, but still stock suspension and Michelin tires. Has anyone auto-X'ed on the stock tires? What pressure did you use? I shoe polished the sidewall and even at 42psi (max is 44) the fronts still scrubbed it all off... this is my second event, but I'm still very much open to advice! I'll also try to get more pics this time!

·
Registered
429 Posts
first suggestion would be to drop out of fss and go STS if you have that there. its an open class with a good PAX. i did my first 3 events on the stock tires and i can tell you there is no pressure good for those tires. there is just WAY to much sidewall. on thing you might want to try (casey can tell you if i'm wrong) but you might want to have the front pressure around 40 and the back around 30. this will help the back break loose. it might help some of the understeer that our cars have. next thing. GET THE NEW SWAYBAR. it makes a world of difference. then get some new tires. other than that just go out and have a lot of fun. your biggest thing you need to work on right now is the loose nut behind the steering wheel and not the rest of the car. if you can get good with a stock setup then start adding parts you'll do a lot better. learn how to drive and learn the car.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I'll try the 40 and 30, thanks! I know I need the sway bar, that's coming soon, and tires will have to wait until next year. I have some room to upgrade in FSS, I have 6 allowable points and right now I have zero, the CAI and the strut brace are both free mods in SS.

Below is the PAX system used here, the Elantra goes from HS to FSS to FSP to CM.

7.5. Performance Adjusted Index (PAX)
2004 CASC-OR Solo II Championship Series PAX Numbers
to be used in the event of under filled classes as described
in section 5.5.B.

*S Stock | *SS Super Stock | *SP Street Prepared | *M Modified

SS 0.836 | ASS 0.844 | ASP 0.869 | AM 1.000
AS 0.828 | BSS 0.835 | BSP 0.860 | BM 0.938
BS 0.826 | CSS 0.833 | CSP 0.858 | CM 0.886
CS 0.811 | DSS 0.814 | DSP 0.838 | DM 0.894
DS 0.794 | ESS 0.820 | ESP 0.845
ES 0.804 | FSS 0.811 | FSP 0.835
FS 0.806
GS 0.781
HS 0.776

EDIT: May 17, 2004

I didn't go. On my way to Toronto on Saturday, some 13 year old thought it'd be fun to throw a rock at my windshield, the windshield is broken and I don't think auto-X would be a good idea with a very cracked windshield. His father is paying for it, I caught the kids, didn't lose my temper or threaten or anything, just dealt with it and moved on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts