Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 194 Wedge Matrix LEDs in yesterday and all I can say is OMG are they better than the inverted cone LEDs. My gauges on the pillar are lit with a light in the back (supposed to be an incand. 194) and the light scatters around to the front to light it (Autometer Ultra-light series gauges). Anyway, I had some trouble seeing them at night so I thought I'd give these a try. They work... It looks like I have neon lights in there now. They aren't cheap ($6.99 a bulb), but they do work great and I recommend them.

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I just have to do it before someone else

:worthless

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll take a picture tonight after dark. I didn't have my camera with me last night (and I didn't sleep at home)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
thanks for the heads up Mike, its been a while since I have been to that site, those look very good. I have the same issue with the autometer gauge lighting not reaching the front.
Gonna order them for sure

·
Registered
384 Posts
Wow those look great! I'm gonna have to check those out! I would really like some brighter bulbs to replace my inverted cone LED's behind my gauges - they're not as bright as I'd like. Please post pics soon so I can actually see what they look like in action!

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
04 CVVT, let everyone know if the new bulbs work out...then I can add changing the Instrument cluster and HVAC to my list!

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, I sucked last night... I didn't drive anywhere after dark, so the thought never crossed my mind to take a picture. I PROMISE I'll take a picture tonight.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know about you XD2 guys, but the 01-03 gauges had 74 and 194 bulbs. You'll still need inveted lense 74 bulbs, I don't think that those are available in a Matrix. The 194 Matrix bulbs should overpower any dark spots though.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah, I think the matrix bulbs will do the trick. And the 74's do cover all of the small gauges as well as the ODO. I will order these tonight, so hopefully by sometime next week, we'll know what's up. And yes hyunelan, the XD2's still use the 74's. We'll see.

I ordered them tonight. I can't wait to see what they look like.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I promised, and here is a picture of the Wedge Matrix bulbs lighting my A-pillar gauges. There is one bulb in each gauge (note that the speedo/tach is indiglo, I only have the matrix bulbs in the A pillar). Also, sorry for the blurry-ness, but my camera doesn't like to take pictures in the dark without a flash.

·
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
622 Posts
sorry, but i really dont understand how these are installed, and how many do i need to buy....im new to these forums and there is so many things i want to do that i see other ppl doing on here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts