Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as anybody else installed this intake??? did you look in the inside...the welds seem to be quiet big and rough....i dont know if thats how is supposed to be or what??? i'm sure its still 100x better then the stock setup!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I noticed the terrible welds, well that and all the aluminum shavings I had to wash out of the pieces, the low quality and toilet plunger orange couplings, the bracket that doesn't line up with anything and that blue paint, not anodized or powdercoated or anything, just spraypainted flat blue. I was disappointed to say the least. Especially in contrast to how great the EvoFusion front strut brace is for the price!
I had to modify the 2001-2003 CAI I got to fit my 2004, so I bought all new couplings, Vibrant's triple layer nylon reinforced in blue. I also tried to paint it with the Duplicolor Metalcast, but I think the Metalcast reacted to the original paint and it scatches off real easy.
Eventually, I'm going to replace the CAI with piping coming up from the wheel well into a aluminum box that houses a K&N filter, the MAF sensor attached to its outlet and then piping into the TB. And have the box wrapped in carbon fibre for heat resistance. Something winter safe and rally ready.

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no alum shavings...but i'm definetly going to wipe it out bore it goes in! it probably didnt fit becaues its a 04....i havent heard of any complaints about the fitment on a 01-03

·
turbo envy
12,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wish i had the same connections!!

sorry ford...no pics...i dont have a digi camera...i will in the near future but not right now.

the intake is now installed!! it sounds awsome! i definetly feel the power down low!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts