Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Interesting. I tired this before I got my custom emblems done. I couldn't get it to look correct so I gave up. I wonder how long it'll last?

Why did you go with blue though? Doesn't seem to go with the grey to me. Just my $0.04

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have the same blue on my calipers.....the paint has lasted really well...I went through one season of winter already and only had to touch them up a bit - and that was from the shop putting on my rims that made the scratches - argh. You can put that stuff freakin' everywhere...it's made to withstand alot of heat and weather!

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
Lucky I was gonna do the same thing I bought the paint last month and used it on my grill, but did you use the ground coat too or just the paint?

·
Poster God
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
since it was chrome i just used the paint, you are only suppose to use the base if its not chrome, its like shooting candy on a car u have to have a base coate then the transparent paint. thats all this is. i scuffed the chrome up lightly so it would stick.

·
Poster God
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the back one i pushed it slowly up and slowly pried it with my fingers be carefully not to pull up to fast, the front well thats a different story i broke off the clips, i think everyone breaks the clips, then i pushed up on it also the front was alot harder to remove but just be slow and it will be fine

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
If you don't use the ground coat (silver) under any of the duplicolors, you will not be able to achieve a nice metallic look, it will be rather flat and much darker than the brilliant blue, red, purple, whatever you used.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.