Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, now that warmer weather is upon us, I was just wondering what everyone has planned for the upcoming weeks/months for mods?

Here's my list of things to-do/already-purchased:

Install Blue LED indirect lighting
Install HVAC indiglos (when they come in the mail) - if those suck do LED conversion on spare HVAC unit I have
Work on GTS sideskirts that have been collecting dust in the garage
Paint the rear brake drums silver (black/brown/rust is not too appealing)DONE
Install spoiler DONE
Install Remote-Controll trunk release (parts in the mail, should be here this week)DONE
Wait 2 weeks for other tail-light to come in the mail, remove lenses and order smoked covers
Figure out what to do with pair of yellow strobe lights I have acquired
Wash/Claybar/Polish/Wax Car (Tomorrow 5.15.04) DONE!
Paint interior when parts arrive

·
Registered
74 Posts
Most of my time will be spent redoing a lot of the stuff I did last year. I need to repaint my wiper arms/blades silver again, finish my custom grill, paint my rear drums silver to match my calipers, get another can of VHT Nightshades to paint the LED light casing on my spoiler so that it matches my tail lights... Maybe find some side skirts that'll fit my car.
Speaking of side skirts, does any one know if the Spec V Sentra side skirts will fit our cars? I have a buddy at work who has one, I should measure the length and see how far off it would be.

·
Registered
73 Posts
What I have planned for the summer.

Install HVAC indiglos
Install underbody neons
buy black and blue tweed and do doors and roof
install compactdivison a-pillar gauge pod with reverse indiglo oil pressure and voltage gauges
buy and install subs and amp
rims
find a place to mount my xbox

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
reinstall my air horn. Elantra that sounds like a train was sweet.. to bad it flooded and killed the old compressor I had.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I ordered h&r springs,and new tires for my 17s .Some tint is on the way and I'm also getting my dents taken out soon

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
ITX suspension
nology wires and plugs
paint the black head cover or find a new one and put the hyundai form the rear of the car on it when i paint it as a stencil so it'll say hyundai in black. u'll see.
obx headers
20% tint

in that order

·
19 second madman
2,506 Posts
Install 1100 feet of custom fabricated wrought iron fence @$20 per foot
(ET-at least 2 months of 6 days/week work)
I'll get a pretty nice check at the end, which I'll probably use to finish my turbo project, put some cash into the stock market, fix my shitty grill (yes, the one on my car) and find some center caps for my wheels

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Is building a house with an extra garage bay just for me a mod? If not, then I'm waiting till next spring for anything else. Will probably leave the elantra alone for a year or two until the truck is done, then I'll go turbo or sc.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Mod wise:

putting in NGK plugs and APC wires
thinking about painting that big black box on top of the engine a different color, maybe blue since the plug wires and oil cap are blue, and the couplings on the short ram.
still thinking about a header, but not sure cuz of cel issues. Don't want to mess with that BS.
painting the 95 Taurus front lip to match the car

Other:
Same shit different day. work my ass off all week, and beers on Fridays.

·
Other options seeker
693 Posts
HMMM,
lists of mods.....
Fighting with Hyundai Germany so I can get mt cracked manifold fixed (OUCH)
Flying, yes flying, to my buds house in the states to pick up an EGR kit because the *(&^$%[email protected]$^#@^% post office won't send it to me.... (early june o1silverbullet PM later.)
Working on my new LED custom brake light idea, finishing custom grille aquired from Hynelan2.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Thanks to the evil influence of SuperGLS I've got the leather door panels from the GT on the way. After that I"m going to embark on a quest to install Tibby seats

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Finally installed both strut bars...gonna work on my ground wire kit today...when my new 6x9s arrive (in a day or two) I will install them.

Then still got the Tib Sway Bar, foot pedals, and the amp/components to install for the stereo....but still havent chosen a HU!!!

Then, like slvrsleeper...hunt down cloth tib seats...there are some tibs in a local Junkyard..but dont know if they are leather or not.

·
EVERYONE LOVES HYPNOTOAD!
1,361 Posts
Install indiglo guages
dash kit (wood, if I don't like it I will paint the stock)
blue leds in corners of EGR lip kit
20 misc blue leds around the car
neon tubes under dash
ps2 back in for the summer

paint misc under the hood
brakes

repair cracked front lip kit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just finished installing 2 6.5 pioneer speakers as well as 2 6x9 pioneer rears with a 400 watt pinoeer amp as well as an 800 watt kenwood amp with 2 12" kenwood subs. I also have a Kenwood HU.

My goals within the next month and a half are to get 70ft of brownbread and do the trunk and the doors as well as anyother place I can think of. Get my kenwood EQ which will be sweet!!!

Later on I will tackle the rims and window tint.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts