Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

What do you do?

What do you do???

14K views 65 replies 58 participants last post by  Elpi 
#1 ·
I got nothing, admittedly, but this is an easy one everyone should be able to answer.

So, what do you do?

#3 ·
no option fit me.

i am a delivery driver for a plumbing supply house. i work about 60 hours a week there.

then i work part time at a local performance shop. were the #1 builder of syclones and typhoons in existance. thats our claim to fame. but lately have been doing other vehicles alot more. were also the shop that does all the test installs for a local company called AUTO METER. we do the installs on newer vehicles for them, then make remarks on the install. and if you call with a problem to autometer on your install, they will actually reference our notes from our install.

then i work part time working on cars out of my garage and such. make a bit of side cash that way to try to keep up on bills, and every once in awhile buy something new for one of my cars.

#6 ·
i work mon/tues 12-9 w/ a 1 hour lunch, wed-fri 8-5 w/ 1 hour lunch, and have 2 sats OFF a month...meaning if theres 5 saturdays, i work 3, if theres 4 i work 2...saturdays are 8-noon, but if we have 3, the 3rd is 8-430...good thing is the time we work on saturday, we can take it off during the following week...sounds a bit confusing but being that its a fairly set schedule, i like it

#7 ·
I'm a Blends Technition at BVA Oils, work 40 hours and sometimes more if I feel like working on the weekends. Basically industrial oil for large compressor motors things of that sort and whatever else the customer asks for and yes we do A thing for cars and thats for the A/C units. Put the stuff in and it'll let you find leaks along with just being the normal oil that should be in there or whatever it is. All i know is I just follow the formulas and to the tests to make sure it turns out how it should.

#12 ·
PSUsouthpaw said:
I go to school full time and than balance a couple of different jobs here at school, as well as one at home I go to every other weekend...
Thats the closest to me, school part time and 2 jobs, 1st job fr-mon night, School tues+thrus and 2nd job whenever I can inbetwixed.

#15 ·
Well the last few weeks have been pretty slow - about 55-60 hours. I feel like I am slacking, normally it would be 75+ hours a week.

#17 ·
M-F 8:30-5:00. Which comes out to be an 8.5 hour day, but I have an hour for lunch, so my "work time" would only be 7.5 hours. They pay us for 8 hours. Not quite sure how that all works out, but whatever. I get paid for 40 hours a week, am there for 42.5, but work 37.5.

Well, 37.5 - EXD time = ~4 hours per week. haha.

#19 ·
part time, usually 20 hours a week...it sucks, but nobody is buying any electronics right now. I can't get another job though because I'm moving 6 hours away in 6 weeks, so I'm using the extra time to check up on here, while I pack up the apartment ready to move. Luckily, we've paid this months rent, and next months was the deposit, so it's just down to the small other bills that I have.

#23 ·
Full time 40+. All depends on how often the boss is out doing charity work. If I work extra during a week because he's gone though, I get the extra time off the following week. So, as a chef, I have truely found a fair job as far as hours in a work week (42 avg.)

#24 ·
I'm a supervisor at a local dairy plant. I work from 40 to 60 hours a week, depending on what breaks that week.
My old job was 55 hours/week minimum, 6 days a week minimum, and during busy times 7 days a week for 2-4 months at a time. I miss those checks, lol, but not working that much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.