Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a 10 gauge amp kit be good for a 200 watt (100x2) output amp? Also, what gauge wire kit would be best for a 500 watt (2x125, 1x250) amp?

THANKS.....the car is finally coming together

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh....so I can run two amps off of one (bigger) power line? I was going to run two seperate power cables for each amp...but if that isnt necessary I can save myself some time and $. :)

So I could just splice into the wire in the middle to power one amp (under passengers seat) on its way to its final destination (amp in the trunk).

COOL :cool:

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if things go as planned, I will be running a 30A , 2 channel amplifier and a 70A, 3 channel....close to 1500 peak watts...looks like I will try to run a 2 gauge install kit with distribution into a 4 gauge and an 8 gauge.

·
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I plan on using a dual amp wiring kit that is either 2 gauge (JL audio or Rockford Fosgate) or the higher rated 4 gauge [swk4d] Stinger kit (which is rated up to 1400 watts and is fused for 150A)....my amps only have 70A and 30A fuses..and will run about 1300 watts....

The bigger amp will get 4 gauge wire and some 8 gauge will go to the smaller amp....now just to decide and see what I can pickup locally immediately (need to get this done tomorrow)!!! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.