Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Nah, we're still here. I think we're all spread out too far and we're too busy to have a large-scale meet. Let's not talk about gas prices.

We tried having a Tallahassee meet a few months back, which was a complete failure.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I am still here too. But yeah, we have lost a few Floridians. I think Geraldleroy got a bike and I am not sure what happened to evil724, and when angelbaby wrecked her car she bought a scion.

·
Registered
645 Posts
We'll have to change things when I get back to Florida in January. If I have to drive all over the southeast to go to 2-3 car meets ;) Only one thing, they have to -have- gas at the pumps. I have friends telling me they can't even find gas at any price right now. I got an email from working saying we're in a fuel shortage class 4 or something. Please carpool!

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good, I thought I was the only one left.

GeraldLeroy still has his car, I saw him driven it around the other day. The traffic lights were working against me, so I couldn't catch up (I've lost his phone number.)

kmr327 wrecked his 2003 GLS in New Hampshire, and has since bought an 04 WRX ( beautiful with a bunch of STI parts and carbon fiber).

Having families and house payments doesn't leave much room for anything else these days (gas prices included), but should anyone want to hook up or do anything let me know.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I could have used some help when I was in Orlando back in June, my tire blew out right in front of the toll booth by the airport. Too bad I didn't know anyone :) Ended up getting it fixed for $20 about 2 miles down the road. 2 of my nuts got stripped on the wheel... I drove it with 2 lug nuts holding a half-flat spare on.

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What year is your car?

On my old '02, I put on KVR brake rotors up front. The day of the installation, I was going to put them on myself, and two bolts stripped off the passenger side and one came off on the drivers side.

I drove the car to Tires Plus, who installed the brake rotors and new bolts, two weeks later I'm rotating my tires, and the damn things broke again. I don't particularly like the quality of the bolts.

Luckily I haven't had any problems with the 2 new cars I've got.

Oh yeah, here's my number if anyone is ever in Orlando and wants to hook up:

407-666-0475 Cell Phone

Call anytime...

·
The Girl
2,894 Posts
Still here! Busy w/work during the week so I really only have time to check out the forum on the weekends. Plus, I haven't really done much w/my car. Money is going elsewhere or onto bills.

It's good to see more people from Orlando, having a meet there would be easier for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
im here and im new but im in miami :) i plan to head to HIN in orlando (even though it sucks lol) Next year with my club. maybe we could all meet there and hangout or somethin?

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure...

HIN Orlando does suck, but compared to the rest of the shows in Central Florida, it's better. Someday I want to go to HIN Miami, and a few other shows down that way, but finding the time/money to make the trip is hard.

UGHHHH!!!!! It's the gas prices that really kill me.

Glad to see we are all still around...

·
THe one
92 Posts
i went to HIN last year and it really did suck, but it was better than all the other ones i heard were going on. Actually i haven't really been out much because of work but is there anywhere you guys meet up on the weekends or weekdays?

·
In da game for a while...
1,635 Posts
Well I been here am here and always will be here lol..

·
Registered
6,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
struck1481,

I hang out with a bunch of people (mostly Subie owners) on Wednesday nights at the Winn Dixie shopping center on the corner of Goldenrod Rd. and University.

On Saturdays, usually all over the S. OBT area near Central Florida Parkway. Some friends of mine come over from New Smyrna on Saturdays with their Hondas, who unfortunately can't help but be slow ;)

·
THe one
92 Posts
Bcoleman,
if your going to be out there this wednesday i'll be there just let me know what time and i'll be there the only problem is i can't stay to late cause i go to work early in the mornings but hit me back

you can always come up here and chill fordfasterr

1 - 20 of 41 Posts