Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

What is the main area you focus your modifications on?

• Appearance

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Interior Appearance

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Audio/Video/Electrical

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • N/A Performance

Votes: 19 21.1%
  • F/I Performance

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Suspension

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Brakes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wheels and Tires

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.3%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
Where's the "all of the above" button?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
You should make the poll so you can pick more than one option.

I can't pick only one of those.

·
Too much time spent here.
1,258 Posts
I picked "Other" because it's based on whatever I can afford.

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
Usually it's whatever I can buy, but I'm not the only one who drives it so I'm really focusing on iPod integration, eyelines, and overall interior looks :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm actually done modding the car..... I'm just waiting on the CAI and the 19.2mm tib sway bar :)

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
On my car the engine modifications aren't substantial. The sound system is nice but not extreme. I suppose my main focus would be the suspension, but also the wheels & tires, and overall appearance were important. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
tires tires tires

everything else is worthless is you got bad rubber... And everyone should get the best 16 square inches they can afford!

·
Broke @$$ Fool
2,648 Posts
For me it's whatever I can afford also. There are so many things I would like to do if the funds were there.

I think my main area of focus right now is the suspension because most of my mods have had to do with upgrading my wheels/tires, bigger rear sway bar, front strut bar. My car is at almost 60K miles and the suspension just doesn't feel the way it was when it was stock. I'm looking into getting the Tein coilovers.

The XD is not the best handling car, but honestly after driving lots of other people's car, I always end up missing my car. Even when I had a convertible turbo 9-3 for a weekend, it was a lot of fun with the turbo, but the handling was not there. Since I've added the Tib rear sway bar it's been more fun to drive.

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
BlackElantraGT said:
My car is at almost 60K miles and the suspension just doesn't feel the way it was when it was stock. I'm looking into getting the Tein coilovers.
My OEM stuff went to crap at just under 40K. You'll be amazed how it feels when you replace the worn parts.

If I had to pick, I'd say I qualify for every catagory except for N/A or FI performance. My money can go a lot farther in the other catagories than it can on engine performance, so that's where the money goes.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
if i could click two i would but it really depends on money for now i clicked appearance but i would of clicked brakes also

·
Registered
220 Posts
my main focus has been on my interior so far, its pretty much done. But i think eventually i will get a body kit, my mind is always changing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts