Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
no longer a newbie :)
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pulling the felt panels off of the walls of the trunk and stumbled across this near the corner by the drivers side tailight.....does any9one know why its there???

It kind of looks like a vent (its some plastic squares with rubber "flaps" over them) except I stuck my hand in and 2 inches later I hit the quarterpanel...hmmm...any ideas.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
04Elantra, that is exactly what it is. Most cars have them for a variety of reasons. Most of the time, they are there in case water enters the vehicle, so it has a place to go. That way, yo don't get the corners of the fenders rusting out like older cars. Other manufacturers use them for air circulation.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Its the Aeroturbine trunk vent! Adds at least 5whp! LOL

·
Registered
732 Posts
Everything adds at least 5whp, If you do enough cosmetic mods you should be able to hit 220whp easy without doing any enginge work. LOL!!!

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
Seriously, It is an air vent. When you have your climate controls set to outside air and your windows closed, you're blowing in fresh air through the vents, right? The stale air has to have somewhere to exit the car; otherwise, you would not be able to get fresh air in.

Come to think of it, your car's a sedan, though, right? Not a hatchback -- I don't know how the air is supposed to make it from the cabin to the trunk...

Perhaps it's there so the people you lock in your trunk don't suffocate :D

(or so you can close the trunk lid easily -- the rubber flaps let air out but not in, right?).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts