Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

What led you to purchase an Elantra?

• A website

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • A review (newspaper/magazine/internet)

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • A friend

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Your budget

Votes: 49 29.2%
  • Intensive comparison among other models

Votes: 33 19.6%
  • Just happened to find it

Votes: 41 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 30 17.9%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
because i couldnt afford (at the time) the tiburon i wanted and i needed a new car.

now im so upside down in this stupid car its gonna be 3 more years before i get a new car

·
Banned
11,228 Posts
Because I worked at the Hyundai dealership, I saw on a daily basis that the Elantra's were more reliable and less troublesome than any other car Hyundai made at the time. Wifey had talked me outta my 00 GMC Sonoma Sportside with 17" Boyds wheels (True Boyds, not the later B Coddington crap) and said we needed something more "practical". Price was right, had what we needed/wanted. Was missing all the things I deemed unneeded/unreliable. Things like the Auto, ABS/TCS and sunroof.

Been happy since we bought another truck. Now I have the best of both worlds. Truck for play, fun car for day to day.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I couldn't afford a Chevy Silverado or Impala, so I went to the Hyundai dealership and priced a Tib, then got told 13k or less is what your approved for - thus my Brand New 05 Tidal Wave GLS for 12,999 out the door and the dealership paid my first months insurance.... I think I got a good deal.

·
The Legend
314 Posts
my dad.
first, he told me that we need to show some respect to our country so we went to Hyundai...
then he was thinkin about getting an Accent for me (since it was the cheapest), but he wanted my car to have all the safety options on it such as ABS
then, we were told from the dealer that there's 0 accents that was imported here with ABS and all
Also, there was whole trike going on in Korea so it'd take at least 3 months to get it ordered and ship here... so we were kinda backing away
THEN, fortunately for me, the dealer showed me this Elantra GT model with all the options my dad wanted and the car totally got me!
since that Elantra used to be a demo car, they got us real good deal now its all mine :)

·
Player to be named later
3,334 Posts
Several websites, in fact. I don't think this was one, though, since I joined the day after I got my car. The turning point was when a guy called Backy at the Edmunds Forums suggested I take another look at the Elantra after I first decided against it. There was also the Drivers & Believers Forum and ElantraClub. It was one of the members of the Drivers & Believers mail list, BNystrom, that clued me in about EXD.

·
the world ends dec21 2012
1,294 Posts
i wanted a daily driver in addition to my custom van

and it was the best bang for my buck...and my sis had a j2 and i liked hyundai
i hated the color though
i dont regret the purchase

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I voted other because I couldnt get financed for a used car,but I could buy aa new one....go figure :)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
the color plus the decent size and it seemed to really fit me plus they offered to pay all but 2,000 dollars on my 01 civic with 55,000 miles on it which was the most i was offered

·
Registered
230 Posts
05xd said:
I voted other because I couldnt get financed for a used car,but I could buy aa new one....go figure :)
Same here but the choice was something we happen to come across. They gave us our price range for what they could do on new models but my wife happened to point out in the corner our little red beem of light. Been joyous ever since.

·
Search is your friend.
1,610 Posts
I just went to the lot...pointed at the elantra...and said...I want that one.... but I want all the optional and I want 2 grand off sticker price....and damn! I got it

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
My first elantra, my dad got for me, and I almost killed him in the dealer's parking lot, so I just used a whole aresenal of mind bullets until I got home. Then I found EXD and EC and it was all downhill from there. With my current elantra, I swore on both my testicles that I would never drive another non-elantra as long as I live. So far, I'm holding true to that.

SuperGLS said:
What led you to purchase an Elantra?
yeah James, what led you?!?

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
intensive comparison and came out with the xd, most features for the money.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
KDM to JDM.
6,437 Posts
SuperGLS said:
What led me?

The drunk driver that ran the red light and totalled my Accent.

Well that and the desire to have something with a little more power.

What led me to get the Accent?

Price, and I always joked about getting one, turns out they were nicer than I had thought and there you have it.

Minivan -> Accent -> Elantra?

hmmm. interesting :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My mini van was totaled, kids were grown & I wanted a practical car for me. I really like the hatch, you can pack so much into it. Minivan > Elantra, a natural progression :D

·
i <3 torque
3,946 Posts
well, i was in the military....in the TAP breifing (transition assistance program), when i saw this KNOCKOUT woman with a blue WRX, so i asked her where she got it, and followed he rto the dealership (she was picking up a MOMO knob and pedals), then i saw the price on a WRX...so they had an 05 tidal wave tibby GT in the showroom, after some test drives and a little paperwork i was out of my 19.6% intrest rate in my 01 frontier, and in a Mazda tribute demo car...so after the paperwork came back, i didnt have the extra grand to put down, so they tried again with an 06 tibby GS in electric red, but that would have been an extra 500 down, so i asked about an elantra GT, and since im not a fan of red cars...or automatics, i ended up with my GLS just the way i want it....(minus cruise control)

·
Registered
565 Posts
i went to saskatoon, 1 1/2 hours from here to buy a car cause i was mad at my junkie old truck... figured i would get a cheap rio or accent.... drove the rio and then went to hyundai... i saw the elantra there and i was in love....but it was priced a little high for my budget so i drove an accent. then i found out can;t tow anything with an accent, so then they let me drive my elantra... and i was in love even more... but still a little high... so then i drove about 2 or three other base model elantra's but none compared with the GT Hatch i got.... so we dickered on prices for a few hours...i even wore out my salesman and he put me in the office with the general manager to work on a price... i was there from 9am till 6pm driving cars and working on prices.... finally we came to a price i was happy with and one he was happy with and away i went in my new gt... man i was excited....and like i say it was all on a spur of the moment thing... i just woke up and said i want a new car so i went and got one....

Glad i did it then too cause now with a family everything has to be talked about before any major purchases, no more i feel like a new car today days... but oh well... and thats my story.....

1 - 20 of 57 Posts