Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is what i have so far. short ram intake, ported IM, 2 1/4" exhaust from behind the resonator, ground wire kit, 19.2mm rear bar, front and rear strut bar, falken azenis with rims, full neon underbody kit, ....... i think thats it. just looking for suggestions for more mods to do. thinking maybe some more suspension mods or maybe something power wise. i also am on a limited budget. suggestions?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Well there are some free mods (clutch spring mod) and some cheap mods(spark plugs, wires) and then you've got the expensive stuff (BBTB, header, CF hood etc.) I would say save the dough for a new set of front Falkens (you're gonna need em soon) But I saw a noticeable increase in gas mileage and idle smoothness by putting in the Denso Iridium plugs.

·
Registered
732 Posts
where did you get those plugs? and how much?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Not to be facetious but it was Sparkplugs.com and they were cheap compared to everywhere else I looked 5.95 each

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
They must have jacked their prices! The Denso Iridiums are now $11.99. I'm in the same boat, need some new ideas - I'll be watching this thread closely.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
You have a stick? if so get a short throw. And 4-1 Header.

With a automatic, get a transmission cooler and 4-2-1 Header.

High Flow Cat.

Plug Wires (Nology, or Custom Civic, or Magnecor)

Plugs (Iridium or Platnum)

Get a rotozip and bore out your throttle body. See a thread by ford and I back in the day from the archive.

Find someone to regrind your cams for you, just a little lobe and lift to rev a tad higher.

Get 10.5:1 pistons and install them with new rings and seals.

Get fuel tuner that lets you lean out or rich in (rpm based)

75 shot zex express custom mounted in the trunk with weight reduction throughout the entire car.

Two racing seats.

Custom CAI

extruded and honed exhaust ports and intake ports on the head.

bored out and heat treated intake manifold.

smile. biiiiiiiiiiiig smile.

shawn :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok i should add to this some.
1. more of my mods. TB bypass, slave cylender mod, short throw shifter.
2. i'm not looking at headers for a few reasons. work involved getting them to run right with out a cel. the annoying buzz sound. car is almost a year old and i don't want to deal with that much work YET!.
3. i am in need of some new plugs/wires.
4. i'm not gonna spray my car. i had everything for it but it became too frustrating trying to install it. look in the archives for my broken fuel rail problems.
5. what about injectors? would they help at all??
6. tell me more about the fuel controller. are you talking about a V-AFC or a SAFC or somthing different.
7. ECU reflash or maybe a new reprogrammed ecu?

thats all for now. any input?

EDIT...... any ideas on a shift light? can it be easily done with the stock setup?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
yeah its simple, get a shift light and tag it to the tach.

And i mean a fuel controller thats rpm based, exactly what i said. Its a stand alone device that lets you control the fuel pressure and flow at set points in the rpm.

shawn :)

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
When you say limited budget, how much are you talking about.

If you aren't gonna go with a header, then here's my thoughts.
.5 SPRINGS!!!
1. Yes to the new set of tires. Actually, think about dedicated race rims and tires.
2. Camber bolts. Possible slotted bolt holes on the strut for another 2 degrees of negative.
3. Cold air feed for SRI
4. Crank pulley
5. Accessory pulleys
6. $650 for new cams
7. Remove second cat (will not effect emission testing unless CA or similar and will not throw a cel)
8. Once the clutch is blown, fidenza flywheel and possible stage 2 clutch
9. Slotted/drilled rotors w/Hawk or Green Stuff Pads
10. Yes to Magnacor Wires (no to nology based upon price and some research done by Bynstrom)
11. Quaffe LSD

I know you autocross so springs should be first. Then brakes, LDS, Camber bolts, dedicated rims and tires mean more than the hp stuff. But of course you drive it everyday so the HP stuff may mean more to you. I don't know.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XDGT03- the autocross stuff means more to me than the HP for the street. diffently looking at springs. the LSD is gonna be a while tho.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Springs and Tib GT struts.

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Since that is most important I would look at the arospring springs tho get with Ilan and aca2d2cs (I think it is the same here as at the Club) and see how those are. Otherwise, I think someone has found a source for the apex springs which are good too. I have the H&R's but I don't think they are low enough for autocross. I'll see once I have my camber bolts and azenis tires tho.

So here's my revised suggestions then

1. springs
2. camber bolts
3. dedicated race rims and tires.

I'm think about going back to 15's so i can go wider and lighter. maybe even shims. That is donw the road tho. Hey you coming up sometime in Aug for any of the races in MI?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'm looking strongly at springs and race rims/r-compound tires. i'm probably not gonna make it to the races by you in aug. augest is a pretty big month for me here. here is my scedule for the next few months just to give you an idea of how much i get to race around here. link

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah its just a few. the nice thing is that we have a winter season of racing too. unlike up north where its summer months only

1 - 17 of 17 Posts