1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Modding Procrastinator
444 Posts
I'm using the microsoft windows xp service pack 2 ^_^ It's got it's ups and it's downs but so far so good. (haha yeah right)

·
My name is Aaron
7,827 Posts
i just switched from a lindows to XP Pro because the college here only recognizes 2000 (not ME) and up or OS X (nothing lower)

if there were a way to get OS X to run on my PC i would love that, but then again. i need the windows compatability, which i hear that OS X has something for that. I really don't if thats possible or not. I know it was a rumor when OS X came out and the screen savers (the best nerd show ever!) covered it a looooooooong time ago

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
where is the "i dont know" box. its windows something. i dont pay attention. i can navigate around the internet, download music, and get on AIM, thats all i need

·
Registered
259 Posts
evan938 said:
where is the "i dont know" box. its windows something. i dont pay attention. i can navigate around the internet, download music, and get on AIM, thats all i need
You need to pay more attention :p

When you turn it on, the boot screen says "Windows 98" or "Windows XP Home/Pro" :)

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
yeah, i know where to find out, but my computer is on 24/7, so i dont really see that screen. if i leave, i just turn off the monitor

·
Registered
110 Posts
Windows Pro mainly... Sometimes I'll feel the urge to block my IP address and create some downtime on some servers who's owner decided to be an asshole and throw in a unique version of Knoppix (Linux with a twist, which can run from a cd alone, no hd needed).

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
at home i run OS X Tiger on both me and the wife's mac laptops; at work i have a windows laptop with XP pro which was just updated with SP2 (i think?). since the update to SP2 it has been slow as hell, it was decent before the update. it may also be all the "big brother" net monitoring and reporting software that my company dumps on all the workstations to monitor us and keep our OS's clean and updated.

·
Have a computer Question?
105 Posts
I currently run Windows XP Pro w/SP2 and several VMWare virtual operating systems like Fedora Linux and other misc. operating systems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
At home I run Win XP Pro, and XP Media Center (Home) and OS X tiger. For those of you who don't know what flavor of XP you're running, right click the "My computer" icon for information on your system.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Im runnin windows xp pro service pack 2 with windows media center

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
I use the following:

Windows 2000
Windows XP home
Windows 98SE
Windows 95

·
Countersteer forever
2,962 Posts
I use Windows 2000 at work and home. I plan to skip XP and go straight to Vista. ;)

·
Workin'
3,150 Posts
using xp, but with all this talk of vista, and the screenshots, I am looking forward to it. I'll probably have to get a new computer though, I've got a 5 year old laptop that's going great, but not great enough. Here's to paychecks

·
Registered
97 Posts
On my three computers I have:

Laptop:
Windows XP Home
Ubuntu Linux
Mac OSX (It is possible... :D )

Home Computer:
Windows XP Pro

Gaming Computer:
Windows XP Pro