Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't really know what forum category to post this in so yeah thats why its in the help section...

I have about 150$ to spend on ANYTHING i would like and really wanna put it towards my car...but....i dont know for what? Im thinking along the lines of appearance.. Help me out here? :D

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
What mods do you currently have?
that would be a good start. after we know that, we can help you decide what to do next.

for apperance, u can always get tints, springs, neon or led kit... idk what else, for 150 bucks.

if u had more, id suggest rims, body/lip kit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i REALLY REALLY want rims...but its way out of my budget for some actual good quality kind.
I had a deck put in last week....if you call that a mod...hahaha

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
so all u have is a deck, okay. 150 isnt enough to add to the rest of your system... so id suggest tints, for your next mod, since you want it to be a visual mod.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah tints are a good idea. Sorry i'm only 16 and this is my first car...so money is really short for me. lol

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
well with a hundred and Fifty dollars you can get a Ebay cold air intake, (like 40 dollars shipped) and then take the leftover hundred and go get a new muffler and have it welded in place. If you shop around or have access to a welder you can DIY. Your car will feel better and you'll notice a difference in power. That's what I would do to get a start.

Oh and as much as Pete is a douche he has come along way in the short while he has been here and his car is coming along nicely.

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
do you mean in general? cuz i dont think i was being a douche to him, yet... :D hehe

and i didnt suggest any engine mods, cuz he said he was looking for apperance stuff.

·
Not a n00b
6,519 Posts
do you mean in general? cuz i dont think i was being a douche to him, yet... :D hehe

and i didnt suggest any engine mods, cuz he said he was looking for apperance stuff.
yeah just generally speaking ;) Well there aren't much appearance things that can be had for little money.

·
1,674 Posts
What year is it? Depending on that and whether it is a sedan or hatch there are great deals from ItaliaTib. If you have an XD1 which is 2001-2003 you could get a lip spoiler for $25 shipped, and if you have an XD2 2004-2006 he has one front lip left for $100.

THREAD

·
Call me J
1,978 Posts
Keep i mind with that spoiler, though, that it will probably need to be bondo'd onto the trunk. I look into it a while ago, but painting alone was gonna run at least $100.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I say tint or lowering springs. I know the springs are really suspension but they make your car look better so....

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Hid's bro. :D

·
Rebuilding the XD
6,253 Posts
tint is money well spent, I think tint would be the best mod because at your age the tint can shield you from strangers when your getting busy in the front or/and back seats and the front windshield will be the only foggy glass

·
2.Slow
9,741 Posts
tint is money well spent, I think tint would be the best mod because at your age the tint can shield you from strangers when your getting busy in the front or/and back seats and the front windshield will be the only foggy glass
amen to that.

get tints, and enjoy them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts