Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to my elantra to stand out and the options i have is to put a bodykit on it or lower it, i know both would look good but i still want to drive it places. On my exteror i already put rims, dark tint on the windows and have the clear sidmarkers . and the car is black with the high spoiler.

do you think it will look good with a white underbody kit?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Any way to get a pic of your car so we can see it? Without seeing it, I would just say that you should do something to it that reflects who you are. Being relatively new here I wouldn't know what that would be. but a pic would be nice. :D

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
When you say underbody kit, do you mean neons, or a lip kit? Since you mentioned a bodykit above, I think that's what you mean. I think the contrasting lip kit is a different and good look, but I'm biased since I have that. White might be too much of a contrast, and in addition may just look like an unpainted kit. Silver would be damn slick for a lip on a black car IMO.

If your goal is to make the car stand out, lowering it won't accomplish that. It'll make the car look better, sure - but you're not gonna be noticed in traffic because the bottom of your car is 1"-3" closer to the pavement than normal.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i been trying to get pics to set up my member profile but it been raining off and on all week may be tommorow will be a good day. and i ment white neons for the underbody kit

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Ok now having seen the car, I vote for the drop. With the dark wheels and the dark tint, you're pretty much stealth, so you'll want to stay with that I'm thinking. The drop would be good, change out the Grill, and add the GLS fog lights. (I really hate those black things they put in the fog light holes). Maybe throw some eyelids on there to downsize the headlights.

The car looks pretty good with the little you've done already. Personally, I don't think you need a kit... drop it down and you'll be tight.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got them from Havro in the marketplace fourm, i got it for $600: rim,tire, lug nuts, hub rings, and shipping, not bad :) hey check out my member profile if you didnt already

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
hyunelan2 said:
Ok now having seen the car, I vote for the drop. With the dark wheels and the dark tint, you're pretty much stealth, so you'll want to stay with that I'm thinking. The drop would be good, change out the Grill, and add the GLS fog lights. (I really hate those black things they put in the fog light holes). Maybe throw some eyelids on there to downsize the headlights.

The car looks pretty good with the little you've done already. Personally, I don't think you need a kit... drop it down and you'll be tight.
I agree totally. Keep the car as stealth as possible. It's always a good look on a black car. If you are really stuck on a kit, use a lip kit. Just my .02

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
if i drop it about 1.5" and a Mussa lip kit i sould still have good ground clearance right?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts