Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

What two engine choices should the new 2007 Elantra have?

• 1.8L Theta and 2.0L Theta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.0L Theta and 2.4L Theta

Votes: 35 25.0%
  • 2.4L Theta and 3.3L Lambda

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • 1.8L Theta and 2.4L Theta

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • 1.8L Forced Induction Theta and 2.0L Theta

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • 2.0L Forced Induction Theta and 2.4L Theta

Votes: 34 24.3%
  • 1.8L Theta and 2.0L Forced Induction Theta

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 2.0L Theta and 2.0L Forced Induction Theta

Votes: 38 27.1%
  • Other combination

Votes: 5 3.6%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
2.0 FI, and some kind of V6...

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i think a v6 would be too front heavy. i say a 2.0 FI and a 2.4 n/a would be a good option

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
the theta 2.4 cranks out 162hp in the new Sonata.... that's plenty for a car this size, as long as it doesn't grow much....

I guess I voted realistically... going with the 2.0 and 2.4 Thetas... it will be a cold day in hell when Hyundai installs FI at the factory....

·
Registered
42 Posts
mrhoaf said:
the theta 2.4 cranks out 162hp in the new Sonata.... that's plenty for a car this size, as long as it doesn't grow much....

I guess I voted realistically... going with the 2.0 and 2.4 Thetas... it will be a cold day in hell when Hyundai installs FI at the factory....
I voted 2.0 and 2.4 theta too... I doubt they will be FI, but who knows.. HCD8 was said to be Supercharged 6V 2.7 liter engine. Although, they don't need that now since they got the new engines. But still I would like to see supercharged 3.3liter lambda and turbocharged 2.4 theta.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what I think. The two engines will be the 2.0L and 2.4L Thetas, there is no doubt it my mind that's what they will do. It will REALLY surprise me if they have any other setup.

The FI options aren't too realistic, but I thought I'd throw them out there anyway. Hyundai probably wouldn't go that route and I agree with the reasons 2loud said, plus, Hyundai is so focused on maintaining their reliability that it would just be a poor decision to do so. They can't really use a 3.3L Lamba, simply because that will put the Elantra in the Sonata market, or vice versa.

I'm interested to see how Hyundai uses the 1.8L Theta, if indeed they even decide to make use of it at all. I thought for sure it would be put to use in the new Accent, but as we now know, that's no the case and they are just using a new version of the Alpha engine. Although, if they were to turbo any engine, I think that would be the one.

We'll see. Like I like to say, these are exciting times for Hyundai.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
SuperGLS said:
... I'm interested to see how Hyundai uses the 1.8L Theta, if indeed they even decide to make use of it at all. I thought for sure it would be put to use in the new Accent, but as we now know, that's no the case and they are just using a new version of the Alpha engine....
I don't think we'll see it in the north american market.... although if gas prices get worse, this might change...

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
i dont see why people vote for 2.0fi and 2.0 na instead of 2.0fi and 2.4 na. i dont see why people would want a 2.0fi and a smaller na motor...hmm

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
The 3.3L has plenty of go for my liking.
This and the 2.4L and Elantra's will be flying out the door like who knows what!!!

·
Final Fantasy 7=Teh Sex
3,840 Posts
A 2.0 FI would be nice, but its not feasable for Hyundai right now. Im thinking they will only be avaliable with the 2.0 theta. Time will only tell until it comes out. :)

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
I said the 2.0/2.0FI. This isnt a democratic poll thats going right to head office, so I went with the option that felt best. A V6 is front heavy, thats why when I had my VW I didnt do a full VR6 swap, I stayed with the 2.0. Yes Hyundai has a great warranty but they could own the competition if they did some factory installed FI that was covered under warranty. I wish they would see that. Until then, I ruin what warranty I have left.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
the tib v6 would be nice, but the bigger 3.3 would be even better IMO. if the elantra stayed the same size with the 3.3 it would be a sleeper on the street. but i would be happy with a small v6.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I doubt Hyundai has any plans on making the next Elantra anywhere near sporty, so there isn't much chance at all of a FI engine. If a S/C or turbo engine were to show up it would be in the Kia Spectra, isn't the rumour that Kia will become the sport-oriented and Hyundai the more luxury-oriented?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GTSTISL said:
the tib v6 would be nice.
Well, the Delta (and Beta for that matter) engine will mostly likely retire pretty soon, that's why it wasn't in any of the options.

Steve said:
isn't the rumour that Kia will become the sport-oriented and Hyundai the more luxury-oriented?
That's what they keep saying... I don't think either will be at either end of the spectrum though. I still they Hyundai is going to announce a new luxury brand somewhere at the end of 2006 like has also been rumored. We'll see.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 29 Posts