• Audio/Video/Security

Votes: 63 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.5%
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
POwned
49 Posts
is the tornado fuel saver the little fan that is in your intake that only turns on with wide open throttle hooked up like a nos switch, or the fan that runs the whole time, or the little bent aluminum cylinder that just sits in your intake and attempts to rotate the air?
oh lord...

tornado fuel saver..:abovelol:

dude:whisper: *whispering: its bull**** man trust me*
---------- Post added 03-02-2010 at 03:58 PM ----------

I removed all warning signs on the car.

warning signs, there to keep stupid people alive..... why???????
If you ask me, if we didn’t have warning signs we would have a smarter gene pool.

---------- Post added 03-02-2010 at 03:58 PM ----------

·
kingjombeejoe
80 Posts
Car purchased December of 2006
1.Pioneer HU 2days after purchase (I'm on #3 now)
2.Tints 20% 6 months later
3.HID's,18" wheels and tires 3 years later
4.new speakers, wiring, optima batt., amps and sub 1month after wheels
5.white led guage upgrade 1.5 months ago
Oh yeah I made some eyelids but didn't like the look so I tossed them, cant remember when, but I posted the diy on here

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Haha. At least you got the new engine though.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
short-ram intake and a performance chip...moving onto a hi-pro cam and strut bars...
chip? oh boy.

My first mod was throwing the SRI I had on my accent on the TB of my elantra.

·
Registered
14 Posts
first mod was removing the factory lip off the front of my car, followed by sedan SX grille and tiburon greendot sway bar among other things

·
Registered
20 Posts
For our 2008 Elantra GLS, mods are:
- Replaced factory "too dim" H11B bulbs with H9 Wire connectors and installed modified H9 bulbs. Re-aimed low beams afterwards as well. Much better lighting for my dark country roads.
- Installed front window Rain / Wind deflectors. Used the simple 3M sticky version. During hot summer temps, I can now leave front windows down 1" and not worry about rain entry. This keeps its insides much cooler while parked as well.
- HD rear sway bar - from Elantra touring model. re: https://www.hyundaiaccessorystore.com/hyundai_elantra_rear_sway_bar.html
- Bought / installed longer contact rubber for its engine hood alarm switch. re: http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/DownloadPdf?id=151740

These are the only factory improvements our little GLS "run about" needs.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
On the XD2, Technically my first mod would be the stereo, i had it out in about 48 hours after rolling her off the lot, had amp and speakers within weeks.
With the ST, i left it bone stock for a few months, then i did a new stereo, accented floor mats, door jam and console mats and threw on rally mudflaps.
It took me a good 6+ months before i did anything drastic, and over a year to even upgrade the speakers!

I went to the start to see why i couldn't vote on the pool only to realize this was a thread started by the original site founder back in 07.
Nice it keeps getting res'd!

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yup. Hopefully people add to this page for years to come.

So we had the same first mod. I think that would be my first mod for almost all cars. It was my first in both the XD and XD2. I replaced both head units within days of owning them. I hate most factory head units.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts