Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She went to the store and when she came back it was dark outside and she wasn't paying attention to where she was going.

This happened Saturday night, had it appraised this morning...... $1700 worth of damage:

And it still only has 17,000 miles on it :(

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
What did she hit?

I backed into my buddy's Tahoe in my driveway on Saturday night. 14,000 miles on mine. At least I did it myself though.
+ one broken taillight.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did she hit?

She hit the car, she was driving the suburban. I had it parked on the basketball court on the side of my driveway. We use the basketball court to pull into so we can back up the vehicles to the house. She just wasn't watching where she was going, the car was parked there before she left, so it wasn't like I moved it there while she was gone....

I have to get 2 vehicles fixed, the suburban and the elantra.

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why must wives abuse our Elantras?
It's not only her, this month has been a very bad month for the elantra....last weekend my oldest son was getting something out of the trunk and instead of picking it up he slid it out and put 2 small surface scratches on the rear bumper and today on my way back from getting it appraised I stopped of McDonalds for breakfast, they gave me a cup of coffee that had a hole in the bottom of the cup, by the time I got home with it the cup holder it was in was full of coffee.....

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that sucks, but is this the same car the won COTM but in winter mode?
Yes, same car.....I live in Florida, there is no winter mode here.....car was in dealer mode, I am having an issue with putting gas in it, so I took the fiberglass grille off and put the factory one on so that the dealer wouldn't screw up the grille if they had to get into the hood....

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She wasn't driving the elantra, she hit it with her suburban.....she does not drive my car....

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that sux! how do you two only have 17,000 miles.
Its called a company van. My van is just over 3 yrs old and has 199,000 miles. The suburban is a '07 we bought new in March of '08, it has 175,000 miles on it. I drive a ton, but just not the elantra.

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
this sucks n all, but i think the most surprising thing in this thread is that you have an xd with only 17k lol

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
She must have thought your car needed some attention and this was the only way it was going to get any. ;)

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Wow- hoods are only a couple of hundred bucks- must have been a bunch of internal damage we can't see huh?

·
Premium Member
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And the radiator support is twisted and drivers headlight.

That is all the appraisor could see, we did not pop the hood with the fear of not being able to close it again, so there still may be some additional damage when we get it to the body shop.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts