Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Modding Procrastinator
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats everyones goal to gain with their turbo or nitrous?

I want to find a turbo setup that'll add 50 hp :-X anyone going that route?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Go with Alpine kit if 50hp gain is all you want.

·
scared like cheese
1,083 Posts
I'm looking for about 200whp untill I get another car for a daily driver then the sky is the limit.

·
Modding Procrastinator
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mahonroy...what is your setup gonna be if you don't mind letting me know?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
kspec exhaust manifold
t3 turbo .50 - .60 trim (used)
blow off valve (atmospheric) (used)
either sonata injectors w/ SAFC II
or
FMU/RRFPR (used)

Not going to use an intercooler, mandrel bent tube charge pipes w/ flang welded on for the blow off valve. Then just standard cone air filter. Wastegate downpipe will just go underneith car. Going to run around 5-6 psi through it.

·
Buffalo's Finest
90 Posts
I am looking into systems that will get me to about 300hp. I was looking at the real-engineering system and I think that might be the ticket. I just have to get in contact with them and figure out the specifics. Then all it takes is money.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
to use FMU you will have to convert your car into return style fuel system
Mahonroy said:
kspec exhaust manifold
t3 turbo .50 - .60 trim (used)
blow off valve (atmospheric) (used)
either sonata injectors w/ SAFC II
or
FMU/RRFPR (used)

Not going to use an intercooler, mandrel bent tube charge pipes w/ flang welded on for the blow off valve. Then just standard cone air filter. Wastegate downpipe will just go underneith car. Going to run around 5-6 psi through it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i'm just trying to get a strong 220-250 out of a turbo setup, then i'll just put my money into appearence.

scarfache, the real kit is perfect, all you need is a custom downpipe, and it will fit XD's, or so i've been told by rick at real.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Mahonroy said:
How would you go about converting your car to a return style fuel system?
There was a huge post in the archinve you should read in the turbo section about fuel rails. Basically you just get a Beta One fuel rail, some return hoses and an adapter to run the fuel to the downspout for the fuel refil tube and slap in a regulator. Im not sure what my HP goal is, but its a lot.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Um, I hate to be rude but what do you mean the Alpine kit only generates 50HP?

I have the BetaII engine in my Tiburon and currently am at 241WHP and 275ft/lbs of torque!! :abovelol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
dmdicks said:
Um, I hate to be rude but what do you mean the Alpine kit only generates 50HP?
If this is directed to me, then take a look at my post and you'll see that I never said that Alpine kit only generates 50hp and is limited to that figure.
The guy is looking for a turbo kit that will be able to add 50hp. IMHO, Alpine kit is the easiest way to go for that.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sorry Blue, I guess I misunderstood your statement "Go with Alpine kit if 50hp gain is all you want.". :rolleyes:
Actually I didn't have any upgrades when I did my first dyno of 226WHP and 238WTQ. Just the Alpine kit and nothin else.
I haven't done anything internally to the engine to produce these numbers. The only external upgrades I've done to the kit is the addition of Sonata 290cc injectors and a SAFC to control them. This allowed me to increase the boost to 15psi. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts