Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have it?

Me and the g/f are about to get it. Best deal for the money that I've found, and no contracts to sign.

We plan on getting the U400 package which comes with 350+ channels + the movie package and the sports package. In addition, we're getting Playboy TV and Full Moon (OnDemand Horror).

On the internet side of things, as part of the U-Verse bundle, I'm going with the Elite package (6.0mbps D, 1.0 U) which should be more than enough for me.

We're getting this setup for both sides of my house, my side and Ryan's, and then splitting the bill. So, instead of ~185/month, it ends up being ~$90/month between sherri and I..so $45 each. :)

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
I have been working (at work) with AT&T regarding U-Verse for about 6 months now. Those that have it, have had no complaints that I've heard. The limiting factor in getting it, is the infrastructure. In our area, fiber-optic wires need to be run all the way to the building in order for U-verse to work. Most places only have fiber-optic to the pedestal, then copper wire to the house. In these areas, new equipment needs to be installed to support U-Verse, which they aren't even starting to do until 2011ish.

At work, I am in the process of installing a "channel" that will be on U-Verse. Basically, a public-access type channel that will be able to be found in the PEG menu of U-Verse.

At home, I do have AT&T's top DSL package (I think that's "Elite") and has done all I've ever needed it to: surfing, gaming, downloading.

·
Registered
504 Posts
at&t here in CT runs fiber to vrad and uses existing copper wires to house. but you need to live within about3500 feet of vrad to get service. everything about uverse is internet based. If you get uverse phone service they install a battery back in your place for up to 4hours of phone service if you loose power. with the service you get a RG(residential gateway and a set top box for each TV. the RG controls everything.
If you have any questions shoot me a pm and I will give you my phone #
I work for at&t for over 10 years now and know the system very well.

·
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
10,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you have any questions shoot me a pm and I will give you my phone #
I work for at&t for over 10 years now and know the system very well.
Thanks, I really appreciate the offer. I have a feeling it might confuse the hell out of me at first..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts