1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Mostly Highway but when I am around town I ten to get on it. Mods in sig

·
Not such a Newbie
714 Posts
Mods are in sig. Not sure how much of a difference the Powerchip will make. I do both city and interstate driving. If I do 70 on the interstate, I can get well over 30mpg...but I normally do about 80-90, so the mpg's drop to the mid 20s.

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
a lot of city driving, where i like to get on it a lot...highway, if i just set cruise at 70-72, i can pull off about 30mpg

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I used to get around 30 all the time when i was doing alot of highway driving, but now that I'm just tooling around town it's dropped into the mid to low 20's...

my car is stock except for a K&N panel filter... and 4 agressive snow tires...

·
Acountabilibuddy
4,862 Posts
When I first bought my car, I drove from Detroit, to Los Angeles and got 34.0 average. Now I do 99% city driving and am getting 26.9. (stick shift)

·
Calf...Ankles...Cankles!!
12,676 Posts
ill try keeping track while im working, and see what it comes out to...i like to do a lot of quick accelerating, and with this new clutch, i dont think im gonna take it much easier :)

wonder what ill be at when i go turbo hmmmm

·
'04 XD2 TW GT 5Dr Owner
691 Posts
i usually get about 34-37 avg. highway and about 28-33 city. depending on how I shift.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I average about 20-21 and have got as bad as 18 with my auto. My best has been 24. I do about 90% city driving and I love to do stoplight racing. Well, not really racing, but jackrabbit starts are fun! I got about 26 as an average when I had my 5 speed in the same driving situations.

20 MPG is pretty poor for a four cylinder, but that's one of the things I have noticed about most Hyundais, they aren't the most fuel efficient cars around. I'm glad they are durable, though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
When I brought my car home, I got 28mpg on the highway, now, after my 4.10's, I get about 23-25 on the highway and 20-22 around town. Mods in sig. BTW, I know it aint an Elantra, but I just wanted everyone to know that even though I gave up my XD, I didn't give up good MPG's :tongue:

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
My engine is stock, manual transmission. I bought the multigauge to ration my fuel, and routinely get over 30mpg, driving a mix of highway and city driving. Except for acceleration, I keep it between 5 and ~12 l/km (or whatever the measurement is on the gauge)... definitely keeping it to the left of center as often as possible helps. You can go 80mph and be doing around 10 l/km mileage, which translates pretty well.

One thing I noticed is that in Harrisburg, if you go the speed limit, you can go right through every traffic light like clockwork. It's funny watching people race to the next red light, when I'm just cruisin' along at 25mph, saving gas, and I don't have to stop... I know exactly when the light will turn green so I don't even slow down approaching the intersection. (Maybe just a little bit, heehee.)

·
Large Member
3,538 Posts
My 02 XD is a manual; the engine is stock except for a CAI, polished TB and Kore catback exhaust.

I drive ~3 miles each way to work on city streets. That combined with the hills here in western PA causes me to get crappy milage. When I get out on the highway I get ~28 mpg. The car also weighs a bit more than stock since I've got ~70 lb of speakers/amp/box in the trunk.

·
Registered
166 Posts
'03 manual 4 door. I drive about 90 miles per day: coming, running, going...
I've had my car just under 6 months and have put 14,000 miles on it already.

About 85% is all interstate/open highway. I average overall 32 mpg.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'll have to check to be sure, but with approx 98% city driving I am in the low 20's. As soon as I have a more exact number, I'll add my vote.

·
16 Posts
So far I get about 30.6 MPG from the computer of my Elantra GT 05. Car is all stock. Ok, I am quite gentle on the accelerator. Highway definitely helps to increase the gas mileage. I do about 45% city, 55% highway.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts