Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all

I've got a 2004 Silver manual Elantra, stock nothing done to it, except for some stone chips, etc... :mad:

Not sure if I qualify as an enthusiast?? I do like the drive of it (except for reverse - so touchy!) I also had some trouble with the dealer (which I'll elaborate on when I get a chance).

I'm in Melbourne also. I'll post again soon.

Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seinster said:
G'day Chris!
I've also got a 2004 silver manual and live in melb!
I'm in the south eastern suburbs.

Did you get the sedan or hatch?

BTW welcome to the site!
Thanks Seinster, I got the hatch, the sedans look crap from behind and I need maximum boot space for lugging stuff around.

I'm in the eastern suburbs, got mine from the Nunawading branch who can kiss my a55. They tried to make me pay for $1000 package of Paint,vinyl & fabric protection and tinted windows when I didn't want it or sign for it.

They reduced it to $470 'cost' price but I still wouldn't pay. I took it to ACCC and I ended up getting the car. They took the fabric, vinyl protection and tinted windows off. I still haven't got any apology from anyone.

That's the short version :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I actually didn't even look at the sedan cause i knew i needed the hatch for extra space, but I didn't like it after i eventually saw it.

I got tinted windows done at the Tint Professor at cost price, special they had going at the time, can't even remember the price ~$200-250 somewhere around there.

So I still got the paint protection I think, because they can't take it off, that's even if there was any paint protection to start with....

I got my elantra when it was $1000 off, so $17990 plus on roads, I ended up getting it for $20,275. I didn't really bargain too hard, my budget was $20000 so once it was close I couldn't be bothered.

My old car needed $1000+ of work just for another year's use - new starter motor, new tires (front right had some wire coming thru), rego, insurance.

We suspect that's why they may have tried to scam the extra $1000 b/c I needed a car, but my bro got a company car and I could have used his old car until I got mine.

I only would have had to drive it for a day anyway as I eventually got it the day after my rego ran out - just the BS I had to go to get what I ordered for the price I signed the contract for. They're sooo stupid, the contract was as watertight as anything and they still tried to scam me... I wonder how many ppl get scammed (pay $X) by dealers. I reported them to Today Tonight (who are now sponsored by Hyundai...) and ACA, but no response.

The elite was an extra $5000 at that time. (got mine June 04)

I also got custom fitted mats for $50 (one piece for the back seats) from one of the ladies at work (her husband makes them). They're waterproof as well. I had a bottle of water in the back seat and it leaked the whole bottle, i took the mat out and poured it all off.

That sounds like a great deal ElantraElite. I did however give the test car (which was the Elite model) a thrashing, as they were busy, they let me take it out on my own both times I test drove it.

Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, I've been away awhile but now that I have laryngitis I'm sitting on the computer... I got my Elantra in May 2004, it's now coming up to 19,000kms, no problems with it so far, got the driver's door decal replaced about a month ago (upright of driver side window (black part started peeling) - was replaced under warranty.

It's still stock standard, but I was thinking of getting the slimline weathershields to start. Does anyone have them? I generally drive with the windows slightly open and just being through winter, wasn't always able to.

Cheers
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.