Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hows it goin peeps! I got 03/04 Elantra Elite Its lowered on kingsprings and sittting on 17 inch gold lensos i also have an xforce muffler tip on it ... i'll try and get up some pics.... I was also wondering if any1 would be interested in making an elantra club... I'm in The hills district in sydney by the way.

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
Sounds great jay, Can't wait to see those pics. I'd love an elantra club, but I'm like the only melbournian here, hehe. There's a few of you sydneysiders on here but.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi im from regional NSW

what kind of club are you thinking about?

i own a 2004 Elantra FX sedan
Member page - http://www.elantraxd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4516

I have put in cruise controll in my car (pics in members thread)
all other aspects are as factory

my (wet ;) )dreams are:
1. to lower with 17 or 18 inch wheels
2. front spoiler and side skirts
3. Alpine headunit
4. Alpine 6x9 r series on rear shelf
5. Alpine DD Linear Splits in front doors
6. 2x Alpine 4ch amps i bridged for front speakers and the 2nd one bridged for rear speakers
7. seventh and long shot alpine r series sub with third brigded 2ch amp

also, i currently work at a car audio place in my city and have the opportunity to get all these audio products for cost price

the only thing is having enough money :( ;)

any way, i am interested in creating an australian club or even section of this site (if possibe and enough interest :D )

any other aussie thoughts???

regards

ben

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well i just thought i might add my bit aswell, Im from melbourne, ordered the new Hyundai Elantra Elite sedan in ebony black a couple of weeks ago, i love it! the test drive was enough for me to buy it.

Well i wouldnt mind an Aussie Hyundai Club, if i could find time to drive up to nsw. ill be around sydney with some mates at the end of the year, so id piss off me mates and come see some aussie XD's.

Yellow Elantra - I see your on your P's, i guess im not the youngest here after all. Im on my P's aswell

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys, just recently joined, good to see that there are others out there interested in Elantras. I own a 2003 Ebony Black Elantra GL. Haven't done much performance wise, except remove air filter and replaced it with a Simota Racing Pod. I'm concentrating more on the stereo for now. Future plans include bigger wheels, jetspeed bodykit, and more stereo.

I'll put up some photos when I get a chance.

Brad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all

I've got a 2004 Silver manual Elantra, stock nothing done to it, except for some stone chips, etc... :mad:

Not sure if I qualify as an enthusiast?? I do like the drive of it (except for reverse - so touchy!) I also had some trouble with the dealer (which I'll elaborate on when I get a chance).

I'm in Melbourne also. I'll post again soon.

Cheers
Chris

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
G'day Chris!
I've also got a 2004 silver manual and live in melb!
I'm in the south eastern suburbs.

Did you get the sedan or hatch?

BTW welcome to the site!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey all,

I'm in Syd, just got a brand new Ebony Black Elantra - I didn't get the elite but the base model and I have done a little bit to it:

Astrel Body Kit
17' RJR Circuit Chromies with Silverstone tyres
Clear side indicators
Electric antenna
OEM Rear Spoiler
Blue Headlights
Lowered suspension
New filter
Have an M&S Carart front grill waiting to be sprayed and then I can install it
Have a bunch of stuff on the way from Korea as we speak (Chrome tweeters etc)

Waiting for Bretton on PSC to release that Sports exhaust system :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
I will if someone can tell me where I can possibly upload them too? I don't have any web space :(

P.S. Thanks for the info on the clear indicators Scrooge, they look good :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Seinster said:
G'day Chris!
I've also got a 2004 silver manual and live in melb!
I'm in the south eastern suburbs.

Did you get the sedan or hatch?

BTW welcome to the site!
Thanks Seinster, I got the hatch, the sedans look crap from behind and I need maximum boot space for lugging stuff around.

I'm in the eastern suburbs, got mine from the Nunawading branch who can kiss my a55. They tried to make me pay for $1000 package of Paint,vinyl & fabric protection and tinted windows when I didn't want it or sign for it.

They reduced it to $470 'cost' price but I still wouldn't pay. I took it to ACCC and I ended up getting the car. They took the fabric, vinyl protection and tinted windows off. I still haven't got any apology from anyone.

That's the short version :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey they offered me the Paint protection crap down at Kevin Dennis but i got a lovely $1538 extra, i told them ill take the risk of the paint protection. and mine didnt include tinted windows.

I perfer the Sedan over the hatch, the design looks more complete. i guess its really a matter of personal perferance...

chrisgoo did you get the base model? id love to know what deals everyone got.

I brought a 2005 Elantra Elite Sedan, i take delivery in 3 months... because i wanted a 5speed manual in the Elite they had to put in a factory order for the Elite because they now only come in Auto and you must order it in Manual.

The deal i got was the Elantra Elite, Sedan, Black, Tinted Windows (Darkest tint possible), Car mats and spoiler, plus on road costs and Delivery all for $23,500

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I actually didn't even look at the sedan cause i knew i needed the hatch for extra space, but I didn't like it after i eventually saw it.

I got tinted windows done at the Tint Professor at cost price, special they had going at the time, can't even remember the price ~$200-250 somewhere around there.

So I still got the paint protection I think, because they can't take it off, that's even if there was any paint protection to start with....

I got my elantra when it was $1000 off, so $17990 plus on roads, I ended up getting it for $20,275. I didn't really bargain too hard, my budget was $20000 so once it was close I couldn't be bothered.

My old car needed $1000+ of work just for another year's use - new starter motor, new tires (front right had some wire coming thru), rego, insurance.

We suspect that's why they may have tried to scam the extra $1000 b/c I needed a car, but my bro got a company car and I could have used his old car until I got mine.

I only would have had to drive it for a day anyway as I eventually got it the day after my rego ran out - just the BS I had to go to get what I ordered for the price I signed the contract for. They're sooo stupid, the contract was as watertight as anything and they still tried to scam me... I wonder how many ppl get scammed (pay $X) by dealers. I reported them to Today Tonight (who are now sponsored by Hyundai...) and ACA, but no response.

The elite was an extra $5000 at that time. (got mine June 04)

I also got custom fitted mats for $50 (one piece for the back seats) from one of the ladies at work (her husband makes them). They're waterproof as well. I had a bottle of water in the back seat and it leaked the whole bottle, i took the mat out and poured it all off.

That sounds like a great deal ElantraElite. I did however give the test car (which was the Elite model) a thrashing, as they were busy, they let me take it out on my own both times I test drove it.

Chris

·
Sober
1,823 Posts
Interesting buying stories.
I was also pushed to have the protection packs, and it was the only unpleasant thing that really happened to me because they kept on and on about it.
I was driving a VTSII Berlina until gas prices started rising and I wanted to get rid of it before the price really dropped on them. So after I got 19,500 for it, I went into the dealership with my dad with the firm price of 19,500 in my head.
Cost at the time was 18,990 for the base model plus reg, dealer delivery, stamp duty, etc... :D
Was able to knock off like $1-1.5K off total asking price so I got my figure.

I got tint done at tint-a-car in north melbourne, I highly recommend them. I would have gone with the tint professor, but they wouldn't put on 20% film, so they lost my business. However my dad got his mazda6 tinted with them (35%) and it does look good. Tint costed me $240.

Diabolique said:
I will if someone can tell me where I can possibly upload them too? I don't have any web space
Go here, to the file upload section: http://www.nitrousworld.com/
Then thank FordFasteRR. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for that Seinster, I will put them up hopefully this weekend in the members section.

My Elantra, which is the base model, ended up costing me $27,250. I traded in my coupe for $10,500 so I had to pay $16,750. With this however I got the Astrel bodykit fitted and painted, 17" RJR Chrome wheels with new rubber, car lowered on King Springs, fog lights fitted(they don't come standard on base model), electric antenna fitted(also doesn't come standard on base model), the leather gearknob from the elite, seat covers(which I have taken off cause I don't like them you want them then offer me a price), rear spoiler painted and fitted and I can't remember what else. At the end of me telling the dealer exactly what I wanted he calculated that my car was fully optioned out and would cost me around $32,000. I managed to talk it down to $27,250 which is nearly $5000 off so I was a happy camper :) I also managed to get a 6 year warranty chucked in there which covers all my options including wheels, springs and bodykit(hence why I had the dealer put them on).

I didn't get offered up any of this paint protection stuff while I was there but I did recieve a coupon in the mail telling me I could get $250 off any two options on this manual which included paint protection on it. If your wondering why I didn't end up going with the elite then it's because I don't like the look of cheap leather, I think it makes the car look tacky.

P.S. Anyone know a good place in Sydney that does car seat installations? I want to swap out the drivers seat for a more supportive one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It interesting to see what everyone paid for there Elantra's, Diabolique i went the opposite way to you, i didnt like the design on the cloth trim, and i wanted a car with all the little goodies, cruise, trip computer, arm rests, side airbags, you know all the little nick naks.

If its worth anything on the contract but i got the dealer to put in writing on my contract that the price of the car will not rise at all from what i signed for.

The dealer has been very good so far, but my final word on weather id recommend them depends on how it all goes when i pick the car up at the end of July.

Im a sedan man, i havnt really gone for the hatches.

LOL, it looks like everyone thrashes the test car. Im from werribee and when i first test drove the Elantra i went to Werribee Hyundai (Total Wankers wouldnt budge from $26,700) they didnt even bother about coming into the car with me, I went along the back roads go the Elantra up 165k down the back roads and it was great fun. Thats when i knew the Elantra was a fun car to drive.

This car shits over the Lancers, alot more power and a more technologically advanced engine.

for anyone who is interested head over to www.elantraclub.com and check it out, im a more regular member there and its awesome! we have a people there that work behind the scenes at HMA (Hyundai Motor America) It's a great community and everyone is really polite.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How come you have to wait till July to pick your Elantra up?

P.S. The photos will be coming up the weekend following the 26th of April as my car is going into the panel shop for three days for some "work". It's going to look great and I can't wait to get some feedback on what I'm having done to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ended up getting my Elantra on the road for 20k, with tints, aloys and a spoiler from Paul Wakeling in Campbelltown.
that was in August 2004, so now my car has 10,000kms and is going great, im going to get the 20mm swaybar fitted from performance styling centre soon, will set me back $220.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ElantraFX said:
I ended up getting my Elantra on the road for 20k, with tints, aloys and a spoiler from Paul Wakeling in Campbelltown.
that was in August 2004, so now my car has 10,000kms and is going great, im going to get the 20mm swaybar fitted from performance styling centre soon, will set me back $220.

You should notice a different in body roll with the rear sway bar fitted, while your there you should get the sports exhaust system fitted as well (if you want to). I know it doesn't list it on the site for the 2004 model Elantra but it is available(had mine put on two weeks ago). It is a direct replacement of the stock system and bolts straight up, took them about fifteen minutes to install mine and I can't be happier with it. It has a nice deep rumble and the chrome tip looks great, also the fact that they had the dump pipe available saved me from chopping up my bodykit :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've heard this rear sway bar is the most effiecent mod you could get done to the Elantra in the handling department. Looks like ill be having a long road trip to PSC. I really want to get the sports exhuast system fitted to mine.

Diabolique - this recording is from a member of the Elantra Club, he recorded his car and it sounds awesome, i want mine to sound something like this.
Rev
Drive By

I've had to wait until July to pick up my Elantra because they have dropped the 5 Speed Manual from the Elite line-up. But the Manual can be ordered as a Factory order which has to be put through to Korea and they will make it and have it sent down with the next shipment.

It doesnt bother me to wait. Just gives me some time to save some more money while there getting it all ready.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts