Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Woohoo! No more payments
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gonna buy some used 17's and tires for pretty cheap, but after finding out that the bolt pattern was 4 x 100, was wondering if drilling them would be cost effective option or not. I don't think that I would wanna spend more than $60 for all four.
Aside from whether it would look good or not, I was wondering where does one go to get rims drilled and what does it cost? And is there anything to look out for when having them drilled?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
Better to just buy the correct rim pattern. I don't know any place I would trust to get those drilled exactly correct. You don't want any wabbles at 60 mph.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Yeah I agree you are better off buying the right ones from the start.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Drilling holes for the rim...I came across this one time long ago...heard it through the grapevine...someone did it.....wasn't pretty. Basically the holes were elongated to make sure the pattern would line up.......there wasn't much room to play with so the area was pretty weak when all was said and done. The center cap couldn't stand the extra pressure and with time the rim eventually broke....accident occurred......oy. If you have enough of the rim to play with, the sight doesn't look all that wonderful either. Seriously, find a rim with the right bolt pattern - it's the safest idea.

·
Hyundai Dealer
811 Posts
Better safe than sorry you dont want a wheel flying off!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yeah get the correct wheels. you don't want to mess up a good set of rims by drilling messed up holes in it.

·
Woohoo! No more payments
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I'm convinced. iksnay on the rillingdray of the imsray. Thanks for your help fellas.
Not to get off track but from what I have seen 4x114.3 is equivalent to 4x4.5, correct?

·
Premium Member
15,223 Posts
That is correct. 4-bolts at 114.3mm [or 4.5 inches]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts