Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! I need to replace the 2nd cat, but can't seem to find the right part online. The existing cat has a 90 degree turn up before it meets the flange of the downpipe. All parts I find don't have this 90 degree turn. I actually bought the part from autopartswarehouse.com (WHAT A MISTAKE), and now need to return it. Has anyone had to replace the 2nd cat? Where did you buy the part?

THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
The best way is to buy OEM part from the dealer. After market cat usually doesn't fit. Shop around different dealers because many times the prices may vary from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here was the whole problem, I've had this rattle for quite some time, coming from underneath me. Then one day, the car backfired, and I lost all performance, but gained lots of noise underneath me. Consider the rumble of a stock car, but the performance of a bicycle. A week later, the car kicked back in, the noise went away, and I regained performance. If i could find the 2nd cat for a reasonable price, I would replace it, but considering a 700 + part, I think I will take my chances.

Thanks for the help by confirming what I thought I already knew!

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts