Hyundai Elantra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!! I need to replace the 2nd cat, but can't seem to find the right part online. The existing cat has a 90 degree turn up before it meets the flange of the downpipe. All parts I find don't have this 90 degree turn. I actually bought the part from autopartswarehouse.com (WHAT A MISTAKE), and now need to return it. Has anyone had to replace the 2nd cat? Where did you buy the part?

THANKS!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here was the whole problem, I've had this rattle for quite some time, coming from underneath me. Then one day, the car backfired, and I lost all performance, but gained lots of noise underneath me. Consider the rumble of a stock car, but the performance of a bicycle. A week later, the car kicked back in, the noise went away, and I regained performance. If i could find the 2nd cat for a reasonable price, I would replace it, but considering a 700 + part, I think I will take my chances.

Thanks for the help by confirming what I thought I already knew!

Eric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.