Hyundai Elantra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't say a junkyard because I've already looked around here for them. I'm looking for any of the following door panels if they will fit which I don't see why they woundn't on my 2002 GLS

01-04 Grey/Grey interior GLS

01-04 Leather Interior GT

I hate the tan of my car and I have already painted most things black so I wanted to get either of these interiors but I can't find anything online about door panels and I haven't gone to the dealer yet but I'm sure that they will cost a fortune from there. I figure if you can find the leather seats from the gt on ebay for like 300-400 then I should be able to find the panels for less than that right?

Someone please point me in the right direction or sell me there's if you take them out to save weight. :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Not alot of choices really. Junkyards, ebay, or a dealer. might get lucky and buy one from somebody , but thats kinda doubtful

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. that's what I was looking for. I just was saying don't tell me to go to my local junkyard.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What about this....instead of changing the whole door panel - can you request to have that section of tan replaced?? I wonder if Hyundai could order in that part for you.....say it's damaged or something and you need to have a replacement color - considering that you have painted mostly everything in your car, see if you can get a closer color. I know when I painted my interior it the leather section on the doors was one piece so it might not be too far of a stretch.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
unfortunately you have to :phone: them to get a part lookup, but i've heard their prices are pretty good.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just hope it's not to pricey. I have to change my oil and get my clutch done AND my drivers side door lock all done next week. That's 20 for the oil, 375 for the clutch and 200 for the door lock to be fixed. So 700 plus the door panels. I will call them later today to see if I can get the full black leather panels from the silver tinted 2002 GT. With the tint they will probably be in the best shape.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
the door panels on the GT are not leather, they're vinyl. only the seating surfaces are leather. plus it's a grey-blue, not black. what's wrong with the door lock? and it's no longer under warranty? hell for $200 i'll come down to tillson and fix it for ya!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need a new acuirator. The lock on the drivers side door is not responding to the remote. Jay said the part itself will be about 165 bucks before install.

Well they are 85 bucks a pop! So I have to decide if I want to send 320 on the GT panels or not. I haven't even asked him about the seats. I want to get the GT panels and seat with the 5speed shift knob but that will probably end up running me up to a grand for that on top of the clutch install and door. That's looking at about 1500-1700. :( I don't have that kind of cash!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
xtrawld,

do you have leather or fabric in your GT (i noticed you're canadian)? i've got the leather and can attest that the door panels are in fact vinyl, as are the headrests and center arm rest. the vinyl is of high quality and similates the leather very well, but alas it is vinyl in the end...

2gts's idea is a good one. XDGT03 replaced his GT door panel inserts with real cowhide. looks awesome. i even think he offered to do the stitching for a fee for anyone who wanted to send him the cowhide.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All four plus shipping. I kinda think it's not that bad for all four. I was going to call them tomorrow about the seats and how much they are. Probably a lot more than on ebay so I will keep my eyes open there to. But I figure for about a grand I could get both the full door panels and the seats. That would raise the value of my car if I wanted to sell it soon.:(.

Also it's a huge difference to my car. This is what I would get done in the next two months before the baltimore meet.

Clutchmasters Stage 2 clutch $ 575
Valve spring mod $ 0
Door inserts $ 320
Leather seats $ 600-700
Fix door lock (I wonder if anyone would notice:) ) $ 200

1695-1795. Damn this car cost a lot. :(

·
Super Hero
579 Posts
Dude, buy $50 worth of leather of ebay in any color you want. You will need a half a hide. Send the shit to me and I will cut it from the patterns I have and sew them for you for free.

The panals in the GT are NOT leather. Mine are now tho hahahahahaha

Check mine

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
XDGT03 said:
Dude, buy $50 worth of leather of ebay in any color you want. You will need a half a hide. Send the shit to me and I will cut it from the patterns I have and sew them for you for free.
you are DA MAYN!!! :bowdown: :thumbsup: :imnotwort

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I already called them and ordered the panels. See I already painted my interior but I didn't like the way it came out so I needed the new panels to. I kinda want the interior to look like the GT's stock interior. I think that will work best when I try to sell it. Then I can just say I got that as an upgrade. From the dealer the panels and seats upgrade would be like 2000+ :eek:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
if you want the look of the stock GT interior, great, but are you doing this with the expectation that it will add value to the car later? i doubt it will add very much, the GTs seem to depreciate comparably with the GLSs, so you'll never recoup even close to what you're putting in to it. not to be pessimistic, i just don't want you to do this thinking of it as an investment. but if it's what you like, and you're willing to spend the money for it, then go for it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
YEah I don't expect to get much more for it. It's not like I would do this right before I sold my car. I will like the way it looks a lot better for when I own it and It's something I could mention while selling it down the road as an extra little bonus for the people who like leather interiors.

Ok I just called the guy again about the seats. He said if they are in good condition about 600. So for 960 shipped I will have a complete GT interior. I'll have beige and super will have grey. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts